• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do not allow the EXTERNALS to determine the INTERNALS

Fadi

Allow me to break down for you some of the different type of trainers out there:

1) There’s the one whose sole aim is to shed off some fat
2) There’s the one whose sole aim is to pack on the beef
3) There’s the one who’s addicted to that “muscle pump” feeling
4) There’s the one who is not satisfied unless he continuously lifts “big”
5) There’s the one whose ego has already beaten him to the gym and is “waiting for him to arrive”
6) There’s the one who's after continuos progress and would accept nothing less
7) There’s the bodybuilder who thinks he’s a weightlifter
8)There’s the one who can not train without that gym music
9) There’s the one who is his own worst enemy and judge
10) And there’s the one who has more than his share of the above

How many times have you gone to the gym with great enthusiasm; only to find yourself a victim (by choice) to one of the above external influences? Take #2 for example, he walks into the gym rearing to blast his way through the session when he’s suddenly met with a comment of: “ hey Jack, you’re looking tight and sharp bro; is there a contest coming up?!”

That was the last thing #2 wanted to hear, now all his mind can reinforce to him is that “HE IS SHRINKING, LOOSING WEIGHT, GETTING SHARPER FOR A CONTEST!” Please note that all that has taken place ONLY by choice and not by coercion or any other mean. You (#2) have chosen to accept such a naïve comment, most probably from someone who knows nothing about the ins and outs of bodybuilding.

Unfortunately most of us program our minds to a certain “bodybuilding road map”, get so fixated by it that any deviation (even by a millimetre), would spell nothing short of disaster for us.

I do not wish to drag on with this post, so let me give you the moral of it all. Do not ALLOW (it is YOUR choice to allow) external influences to play with your mind and be assured that there is no such thing as a “perfect” day. So please, do yourself a huge favour by rising above it all with a clear purpose in mind and an attitude and belief in knowing fully well who you really are…a true Champion!

Fadi.

Well I train at home so the only external influence for me the wife.. hahahaha

I hate gym atmospheres, unless it is a harcore gym which are as rare as hen's teeth these days.

yea, I guess that's where it helps to use metrics rather than peoples' perceptions.

for example, if last month Jack could only squat 6okg and this month Jack can squat 120kg.. then Jack knows that he's gained strength / muscle so Jack shouldn't get coerced by a comment like "hey jack, have you lost strength" or "have you lost muscle".. because clearly the metrics have shown that he hasn't.

Above all, I think external influences can be channeled positively. My parents tell me that bodybuilding is unhealthy, waste of time, stupid etc.etc. that just infuriates me more and i push even harder in the next session

I dunno, fellahs. I get positive externals from people. My woman says, "mmmm, muscles." Fellow regulars say, "80kg! You can do it!" and spot me. One of the trainers says, "Looking good, man! Strutting tall!"

Some people say negative stuff, but most of those are people I already decided are idiots anyway, so I pay no attention to their opinions.