• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

do u Believe this shit?

Bodybuilding.com - Predatory Physique: How Al Got Ripped For Hunting Season

Read this story, there are heaps of transformations on bodybuilding.com like this and they all say they transformed themselves in such a short time. I find this to be bullshit, how do u get bigger muscles and lose fat at the same time? There saying it can be done which is bull. Look at his program he hardly does any compounds at all and does way to many isolations.

His numbers are bullshit (originally 28% BF, I don't think so) but I can see him getting ripped doing that program and eating a controlled diet. He also does do compounds followed by lots of crappy iso's but at least he is training. It is also not like he got huge, he put on a little muscle and dropped a lot of fat. And yes you can do both at the same time, it is easier to do when you are quite overweight to being with.

I can see this being achievable. He said it took him a year. Like Dave said he was not 28% originally and he ends up at around 70kgs. So he is not huge.

Im confused tho? muscle is about building str, and str comes from lifting weight and eating heaps, cutting fat is about eating less, how do u do both at the same time?

You'll find plenty of guys on here who have gained strength/completed strength programs whilst cutting.

That and cutting fat is more complicated than just "eating less"

It sees quite achivable to me, and I am hoping to to similar.

Gaining muscle and losing fat is not that hard and they go hand in hand.

I have greatly increased my strength over the last two month as well as lost a fair bit of fat, and am well on my way to a bigger transformation to what this guy has done, as I was actually a lot fatter than this guy.

With the right diet and excercise anyone can do this especially in the long time frame.

He does do compund excercises, and I can not see anything wrong with the isolation excercises he does, especially whan looking at the after photo, he is not competing in power lifting and strong man comps, he wants to look lean and fit, and I would say the 'crappy' compound excercises did ok in achieving this. :)

I call bullshit on the starting stats, he lost 21% bodyfat and only 4 inches off his waist. Id be willing to take a gamble and say he was more like 20% in the starting pictures

Last edited:
Im confused tho? muscle is about building str, and str comes from lifting weight and eating heaps, cutting fat is about eating less, how do u do both at the same time?

Now think about why you have fat on your body. From there think about how it will be used in a calorie deficit.

1. Strength is also neural and not just muscular

2. Muscle can be build and fat can be lost at the same time in overfat beginners

He said he started this well over a year ago.
He is still not back to his top strength he was when he was in his 20's, so muscle memory would have helped at the start.
Don't see his results as anything spectacular, he did lose 28lbs of weight overall, so may not have gained much real muscle at all, just lost the fat.

So many people say different shit about everything... all the time.

Look at Big Jims log and Shane's. They were very overweight and have now lost a lot of fat but gained a lot of muscle. At the same time. Now for you who is already at a lower body fat level this will be much harder for you to do as you do not have the considerable energy from your fat stores at your disposal like Shane and Big Jim have.

Your example below has not put on probably even a fifth of the muscle that Shane and Big Jim and he probably has lost one eight of the fat.

I'm a fat beginner, I'm also losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. It's not about doing one over the other, its a life style change that also changes your bodies composition. It is doable as I am doing it, but I think the progress slows once your body finds its new equilibrium. Than you have to focus on one or the other, but he wasn't what I would call very fat to begin with, so over a year he would be able to accomplish this in my opinion.