• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you ever have people stare at you while lifting

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
normally when i am in the middle of a session i block things out and focus on the task ahead , but you know sometimes you get the burning feeling of people looking at you , so there I was in the middle of doing deadlifts when i my spider sense perk up and i feel that burning sensation of the set of eyes looking at me , as i took a look around there was a few people watching so apparently they have never seen anyone do deadlifts

Anyone have similar experiences? Does it bother / distract / embarrass you at all?

Im sorry but it gets me extremely mad once i done my set i ask them if everything is alright or give them the nod, whats even worse is mid set someone trying to ask you how many sets left lol

^ seriously?! someone asking how many sets left when you're lifting? Full retard lol.

I do get stares quite a lot, mainly because I am doing exercises that no one else in my gym has heard of, such as the pendlay row or the front squat. They are trying to figure out what the heck is going on as they brocurl their way to popeye arms and razor thin legs. The best is when a chick stares (I have great peripheral vision), it gives me an instant test boost and I instantly can bust out another couple of reps. Amazing yo!

Happend the other day fuckin lost my shit lol, when i was sqautting i droped the bar off my back and it landed on the safetys and let him know politely not to do that lol

only when I wear my nerd tights lol

1444_10151868599980904_1030657998_n.jpg

I get stares during deadlifts and OHP. Never notice during bench and squats as my eyes are looking up as close to the roof as possible.

I'll admit I usually a stare when someone is doing horrible form, I have to watch every rep for max lulz.

Yes and don't mind, if you compete in powerlifting / bodybuilding you're going to have an audience of hundreds potentially so might as well get used to it!

I get stares during deadlifts and OHP. Never notice during bench and squats as my eyes are looking up as close to the roof as possible.

I'll admit I usually a stare when someone is doing horrible form, I have to watch every rep for max lulz.

I don't think I have ever seen someone BB. Ohp in my gym.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

only when I wear my nerd tights lol

1444_10151868599980904_1030657998_n.jpg

Wicked!! You weren't kidding when you said tardis tights :cool:

.. Meh, as for staring, you get it at a lot of gyms. Everyone just checking to see who's hoisting the most etc.. Staunch bruthas. Get on with it ffs. Go hard and go home.

I don't mind so much if people staring at me loading up the leg press... hehe. That's right boys - it's an exercise device to work the l-e-g-s ...

LOL these were the Tardis tights #strongnerdalert

These got some WTF? stares :p

and I just realised I've lost a little weight since then. But still wear the hobbit feet

1560761_10151749490990904_606406669_n.jpg