• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you ever have people stare at you while lifting

I don't think I have ever seen someone BB. Ohp in my gym.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

That is sad...

I've only ever seen 2 other guys BB OHP at my gym and one of the blokes does them with an EZ curl bar lol... I guess it's the same movement :S

That is sad...

I've only ever seen 2 other guys BB OHP at my gym and one of the blokes does them with an EZ curl bar lol... I guess it's the same movement :S

I guess that's probably why I get weird looks..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I get looks when I do push press.
Thankfully more people are squatting these days so it's not a big deal.

Haven't been able to DL heavy in months so I don't even remember if people stare

only when I wear my nerd tights lol

1444_10151868599980904_1030657998_n.jpg
Excellent!
i think I can see the accretion disk of a black hole. :eek:

had some peeps staring while I was doing my top set of squats today (190kg). Probably because it's so rare in our gym to see anyone doing more than 2 plates.

Always someone watching someone else in our gym lol. Thats just how it is.
Doesnt bother me in the slightest. Try lifting in a national PL comp...erry body in the room is watching...very intently. Haha.

Tim.

had some peeps staring while I was doing my top set of squats today (190kg). Probably because it's so rare in our gym to see anyone doing more than 2 plates.
even though i have squatted 150, i think if someone at my gym was squatting 190 i would have to observe, but from a distance as not to be off putting or obvious...

even though i have squatted 150, i think if someone at my gym was squatting 190 i would have to observe, but from a distance as not to be off putting or obvious...

tbh it felt pretty good, I usually look at anyone doing Olympic lifts or heavy deadlifts because it's also really rare to see.

I get onlookers with deadlifts.. either from middle aged lifters who are worth talking to or young dudes who just stare. I'm moving under four plates but maybe the kids are dumbfounded I do it for 30 minutes LOL

Last edited:
I used to get watched in the man-pit at my old commercial gym. Was just weird hairy dudes mostly.

If I saw someone lifting big I would watch, for the same reason I watch professional sport, Olympics etc. You can learn from someone better than you, and be inspired by someone trying harder than you. Plus its cool to see heavy shit get moved.

Agree, [MENTION=1719]whitty[/MENTION];

i love watching the guys at my gym lift. It's good to train where there are people better than you/trying harder as it does make you feel more motivated to do better and there is heaps to learn.

Plus I find the guys who stare/watch while I'm lifting are usually the PL/strongman boys at the gym and they are always encouraging and great.
Most of them love the fact that there are gals lifting.
I'm easily the most petite person in the whole gym so I probably get bonus points LOL

Yep. The strongman guys in our gym watch almost all of us every set...and offer a critique etc aftee every set. As well as screaming at you during! Hahaha

Tim.