• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you SUCK at Benching?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ndaY6aQ04M]Neal Dreisig benches 345 lb. @ 148 bodyweight - YouTube[/ame]

The arch.... Oni take note, you can't improve on bench till you can arch like this...

LOL I wouldn't go as far as to say that you can't have a big bench without an arch
That arch is silly though and I agree with Jamie Lewis, he is making up for being a shitty lifter

if you can do it, you would be stupid not to.

+1

why would you go into a competition, where the end goal is to lift more weight, utilising a method/technique you KNOW will not yield the best results?

It's like taking a knife to a gun fight when you've got a rocket launcher in the boot of your car

Only women and really small guys use that technique with any sort of success
My goal is to spare embarrassment at meets when it comes to the bench press, not further it by using ridiculous technique

If I rocked up tomorrow and posted a video of me doing 100kg with that form, do not pretend for a second that I wouldn't be ridiculed

Only women and really small guys use that technique with any sort of success
My goal is to spare embarrassment at meets when it comes to the bench press, not further it by using ridiculous technique

If I rocked up tomorrow and posted a video of me doing 100kg with that form, do not pretend for a second that I wouldn't be ridiculed

i dont think thats true at all man. if you arched like that, no matter what you bench people would be asking you for tips. i certainly would. if your worried about being embarrassed this sport is not for you lol.

i dont think thats true at all man. if you arched like that, no matter what you bench people would be asking you for tips. i certainly would. if your worried about being embarrassed this sport is not for you lol.

No he's right, being technically proficient is nothing in this sport when you don't have the strength to match. Learning a technique is one thing. Applying it to a heavy lift is another.

But honestly 0ni does have a lot of theoretical knowledge and would definitely be helpful to a degree. He just lacks experience to back up his brain.

No he's right, being technically proficient is nothing in this sport when you don't have the strength to match. Learning a technique is one thing. Applying it to a heavy lift is another.

But honestly 0ni does have a lot of theoretical knowledge and would definitely be helpful to a degree. He just lacks experience to back up his brain.

Exactamondo, this guy doesnt get given shit for his arch no doubt lol [YOUTUBE]wkX3Vm5xOVs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
+1

why would you go into a competition, where the end goal is to lift more weight, utilising a method/technique you KNOW will not yield the best results?

It's like taking a knife to a gun fight when you've got a rocket launcher in the boot of your car

ahahahaha just you know, got my rocket launcher in the boot, just chillen.

thats like minh benching without a shirt

but the sooner you learn good technique you have that forever, it will only help you later when shit gets heavy, i noticed the other day when benchin raw when doing forced reps that when i failed i never fell out of groove, thats what you want. learn and improve technique at all times, strength will come with good programing.

te longer you have good technique the better your motor paths are when you are training, so in theory you will be able to push much harder