• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does anyone have any experience with www.titanaustralia.com.au?

Z

zmalpq

I recently placed an order on Titan Australia | Powerlifting Australia, which seemed like a legitimate website. I received a paypal receipt confirming my payment towards a certain individual Minh Nguyen after having my order processed, whom I assume is the owner of the site. I proceeded to google his name, and subsequently discovered that there are quite a few complaints about him on the internet - the first link I get when I google "minh nguyen titan australia" is the official Powerlifting Australia's facebook page with a post stating that "the Titan Australia distributorship previously with Minh Nguyen has been terminated by the Titan company" and that they "strongly advise (you) t deal very cautiously with any part claiming to represent "Titan". Furthermore, there are multiple accounts of people stating that he is a dirtbag, that he can't be trusted and that they ordered products that never arrived, and he refused to answer any emails etc relating to their orders.

I'm pretty worried now. I emailed the site yesterday but have yet to receive any response. I was wondering if anyone else here has had any experiences dealing with this website and if their products came in. The only thing I can do at the moment is lodge a dispute with paypal/my bank but at the same time, I'd say it's too early to tell whether my order will actually come in. I don't understand how someone whom is purported to have ripped off so many people is still allowed to run such a website; in fact, when googling "titan australia" it is his website that comes up first, before the actual, official Titan Australia (www.titanaustralia.com.au - HOME) page.

Thanks in advance people

Can't believe he still has the website active!

Just issue a paypal dispute, he won't reply and you will get your money back after a month or so.

I would also be complaining to Titan directly and get his site taken offline!!!

I was looking at some stuff on this site the other day. Good timing...

None of the links on the official site seem active. No pricing. Strange.

Last edited:
So should I give it a while and wait to see if my package comes in, or should I just lodge a dispute right now? I paid by my debit card and the amount has already been deducted from my account (as reflected on my Internet Banking). Would my bank/paypal be able to reverse the transaction and credit me back the full amount? Paypal states on their website to wait a while to see if the items come in before lodging a dispute, but 1. there is absolutely no information on Minh Nguyen's site regarding estimated shipping times so I have no idea how long I should be waiting for, and 2. I'm worried that it might be too late to dispute the charge with my bank if I wait for that long - currently, the transaction is still reflected as pending although the amount has been deducted from my bank account.

Just wondering if anyone has recently ordered from the site (in the last few months) and actually received their order; if so, I'm willing to give him a chance and wait a while. If there are just more reports of bad experiences, I am going to lodge a dispute right now.

Thanks a lot everyone

He was the Titan distributer in Australia up to about 1-2 years ago when Titan pulled switched to another distributer. He retained the web site domain and up to about 6 months ago (I think) it was still the same old web site. The site now is totally different in design and look, so either he has done another deal with Titan or he is just pushing on with old stock and maybe stuff brought in direct from the states. Dunno.

I spoke to one of the PTC owners who had a gym just a few km away. A member ordered a belt and it took about 6 months to turn up. A couple of guys from my gym ordered stuff and it took months to get the stuff plus no feedback or replies to emails or texts.

This is the real web site, or authorised reseller:

www.titanaustralia.com.au - HOME

I would suggest you get your money back cos, if history is to be believed, it may take months to get yer gear, if at all.

Either use the "official" distributer or look elsewhere. I use undergroundelite.com.au but you may want to use one of the sponsors if they have what you want.

I have lodged a dispute with both paypal and my bank. I find it incredulous that his website is allowed to remain up for everyone to access and get ripped off like that. Even a search of titan australia places his website before the official Titan Australia page. Who knows how many people unaware of his practices have purchased from his site and have been waiting for months for their products to come in? Thank god I decided to google his name after making my purchase.

I will contact the official Titan Australia shortly and see what they can do with regards to his website.

PayPal is normally good at refunding. I think they give 10 days for the seller to reply to the dispute and if they don't reply I'm pretty sure you win.

I escalated the dispute to a claim on paypal and Minh had until the 21st of January to respond. Today, the last day in which he could respond, he shipped out the items and provided paypal with an auspost tracking number. The problem is that because there are so many instances of people being ripped off by him, in the time period between now and when I lodged the claim (the entire period of which there was absolutely no sound from him), I went to purchase the exact same items from another online store instead (and have already received these items). This asshole waited right until before the time period for him to respond on paypal ran out and then shipped out the items, which I already bought elsewhere because I thought they were not going to come. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do? I do not want the items he is sending out now, he had a good 2 1/2 weeks to respond to me which he did not and I assumed that he took off and ran with the money and bought the items elsewhere. This guy has fucked me over bad and I need the refund but I don't know if paypal is going to give it to me now that he did ship it out and provided them with tracking information.

with regard to purchase transactions, contact your state consumers affairs.

He would have a registered business, so take it from there.

I escalated the dispute to a claim on paypal and Minh had until the 21st of January to respond. Today, the last day in which he could respond, he shipped out the items and provided paypal with an auspost tracking number. The problem is that because there are so many instances of people being ripped off by him, in the time period between now and when I lodged the claim (the entire period of which there was absolutely no sound from him), I went to purchase the exact same items from another online store instead (and have already received these items). This asshole waited right until before the time period for him to respond on paypal ran out and then shipped out the items, which I already bought elsewhere because I thought they were not going to come. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do? I do not want the items he is sending out now, he had a good 2 1/2 weeks to respond to me which he did not and I assumed that he took off and ran with the money and bought the items elsewhere. This guy has fucked me over bad and I need the refund but I don't know if paypal is going to give it to me now that he did ship it out and provided them with tracking information.

Tough one. Legally I believe he is well within his right (albeit however inconvenient for you) to utilise to the fullest extent the entire dispute period.

Given that your products have been dispatched within the prescribed timeframe I see no circumstance where PayPal would issue a refund.

(Sorry to be the bearer of bad news) But:

Your decision to purchase the product from an alternate supplier without first resolving the dispute with the initial supplier is probably going to work against you as you are now stuck with 2 lots and are unable to claim a refund on either.

The only way I can see you being refunded is if it comes as a "good will" gesture as a result of you being F'd around but I see that as being highly unlikely due to PayPal becoming involved to get you to this point.

Again sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

PM Me if I can be of any further assistance.

And his belts a knock offs anyway.

They are cheap copies and I've heard rumors of Titan taking legal action, though I'm not sure how true this is.

I've got one of his knock'offs. I'd say the belt itself is about 15% worse than a Toro (based on feel/support). Real issue is his terrible buckles. Broke one within 4 months. Whats worse is the buckle broke on a heavy squat.

What a dick - I know its not the truth (and yes kids we should always tell the truth if possible) - but maybe considering he f'd you around so much - simply advise you did not get the products, that you have contacted Aus post and if the issue isn't resolved you would like a refund - from the merchant directly - he may be so pissed off with everything else going on that he may just issue it without question....

With online business there is no room for error - once you have fucked up it spreads like wild fire.....

What a dick - I know its not the truth (and yes kids we should always tell the truth if possible) - but maybe considering he f'd you around so much - simply advise you did not get the products, that you have contacted Aus post and if the issue isn't resolved you would like a refund - from the merchant directly - he may be so pissed off with everything else going on that he may just issue it without question....

With online business there is no room for error - once you have fucked up it spreads like wild fire.....

I don't know how much luck you would have doing that... He has sent it with a tracking number which will mean Australia post will be able to provide a POD.

I agree you should try and make life as difficult as possible for him but I think you are going to find it hard to do so.

It's a shit situation, I agree, and he has F'd you around good and proper and you've done the right thing from the get go. He sounds like a shifty character. That being said he is probably well aware that the cost of any substantial litigation against him would far outweigh what stands to be received as a result of it that action making it redundant.