• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions for my Back/Chest day?

kindred

This is what i did last time:

5/1/2009 - Monday
Pec fly - (60kg) 9,6,5,4,3
Vertical press - (70kg) 6,5,5,5,4
Assisted rows - (100kg) 6,4,5,4,4
Lat pulldowns - (80kg) 6,6,6,5,5
10mins stationary bike

I was think of doing:

Lat pulldown (cable)
assisted rows (machine)
dumb-bell rows
flat dumb-bell press
Pec fly (machine)
20mins stationery bike

I mostly want to focus on my back as its a tricky area to work out with so many different exercises.

Kindred, have you not asked this kind of question multiple times before and been given good advice multiple times before?

I guarantee you I can find some replies to older posts which will cover the answer to the question you are asking now.

Kindred, have you not asked this kind of question multiple times before and been given good advice multiple times before?

I guarantee you I can find some replies to older posts which will cover the answer to the question you are asking now.

I thought the same thing so i checked the preveous threads I created. I couldnt see anything relating to back/chest but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I had another look using the search tool and still couldnt see anything back

Last edited:
How many freaking times are you going to change your workout?

In your 2008 training diary, in just 6 weeks you changed your routine about 10 times !!!

http://ausbb.com/member-training-diaries/7719-kindreds-training-diary.html

How about just sticking to a routine for more than 2 weeks?

If you want to smash your back, do:

Deadlifts
Chinups (weighted if possible)
Rows (cable or barbell or T-Bar)
Close grip pulldowns

This is what I did on Saturday and my back is sore all over today:

Wide Lat Pulldowns - 90kg x 6, 90kg x 8
Seated Cable Rows - 90kg x 6, 90kg x 8
Chin ups - BW x 10
T-Bar Rows - 50kg x 10
Chin ups - BW x 8 (really struggling with these)
T-Bar Rows - 50kg x 10
Close grip Pulldowns - 82.5kg x 8
Plate load seated row - 65kg x 8
Close grip Pulldowns - 75kg x 8
Stiff arm pulldowns - 37.5kg x 10, 37.5kg x 10 (these are tough)

This is my chest/back routine (incidentally I moved the dead lift to leg days because I feel it works hamstrings heaps):

Flat bench press
barbell row
inclined dumbbell press
assisted wide group chins (I can't do more than one unassisted)
push-ups
dumbbell row
situps

Then I undo it all by having a massive weekend drinking. Okay, my not drinking starts NOW.

How many freaking times are you going to change your workout?

In your 2008 training diary, in just 6 weeks you changed your routine about 10 times !!!

http://ausbb.com/member-training-diaries/7719-kindreds-training-diary.html

How about just sticking to a routine for more than 2 weeks?

If you want to smash your back, do:

Deadlifts
Chinups (weighted if possible)
Rows (cable or barbell or T-Bar)
Close grip pulldowns

This is what I did on Saturday and my back is sore all over today:

Wide Lat Pulldowns - 90kg x 6, 90kg x 8
Seated Cable Rows - 90kg x 6, 90kg x 8
Chin ups - BW x 10
T-Bar Rows - 50kg x 10
Chin ups - BW x 8 (really struggling with these)
T-Bar Rows - 50kg x 10
Close grip Pulldowns - 82.5kg x 8
Close grip Pulldowns - 75kg x 8
Stiff arm pulldowns - 37.5kg x 10, 37.5kg x 10 (these are tough)

I have found that picking body parts is better than picking exercises cause then I focus more on pawning them. The only place this really falls down is my knowledge of exercises. I dont really know enough off the top of my head to do a complete workout for the body parts/sections I wanna punish. I hope that made some kind of sense.

Checkout youtube, they have heaps of good examples plus you can watch the pros and what they do. You can also check out other guys at the gym and what they are doing (sounds sus).

I'm not sure that you should copy what the pro's do, because they are just freaks and full of drugs, so anything will work for them.
Also, they genetically superior to 99.999% of the whole population.

Sometimes you just got to stick to the basics.

For Chest/Back:

Bech Press
Dips
Chin ups
Barbell rows

Bent over rows, Both BarBell and Dumb Bell

Natural Bodybuilding home back (lat, latissimus) workout with exercise suggestions to maximize muscle and fitness gains

I have found that picking body parts is better than picking exercises cause then I focus more on pawning them. The only place this really falls down is my knowledge of exercises. I dont really know enough off the top of my head to do a complete workout for the body parts/sections I wanna punish. I hope that made some kind of sense.

From what ive gathered from reading your progress and questions , this would be because you are not spending enough time at all on any one routine to let any information sink in. With the time and advice given I am very suprised you havent got your self sunk into a nice routine yet. Whats the go mate? whats making it hard to keep it smooth?

Last edited:
Bent over rows, Both BarBell and Dumb Bell

Natural Bodybuilding home back (lat, latissimus) workout with exercise suggestions to maximize muscle and fitness gains

From what ive gathered from reading your progress and questions , this would be because you are not spending enough time at all on any one routine to let any information sink in. With the time and advice given I am very suprised you havent got your self sunk into a nice routine yet. Whats the go mate? whats making it hard to keep it smooth?

I have doubled my strength from October 2008 to now what the heck do you mean?

The only place this really falls down is my knowledge of exercises. I dont really know enough off the top of my head to do a complete workout for the body parts/sections I wanna punish. I hope that made some kind of sense.

Matey im not having a stab at you and being strong has nothing to do what I asked.
These are your words. I was answering you in order to give you abit of insite. Doubled strength... Great!! Not what i was talking about, educate yourself in a full body routine by doing one and sticking to it.

chins best for back width
rows for density
when doing chins, have a spotter help you through 3 extra reps past sticking point
do no more than 12 reps with your own strength, once hit use extra weight

Kindred, doggie style will hit chest and back at the same time.

You stay still and push and pull the sheep with a firm grip in a vigorous motion.
Velcro gloves may help with your grip.

sheep_shagger1.jpg

Further tip.

Get your friend to take a vid of you in action and post it here and on YouTube when the job is done.

Further tip.

Get your friend to take a vid of you in action and post it here and on YouTube when the job is done.

Im starting to see a trend. Maybe you should have your own cliff adventure instead of watching some other stud sheeping it up. Just a suggestion ;)

My advice FWIW, get rid of the dumbell fly.One of the most ineffective exercises around.Go for cables instead.

Why do you think the dumbbell flye is ineffective? At the top of the axis it is easier, but I wouldn't say it is 'ineffective'.

[youtube]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/871VTEF7qIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/871VTEF7qIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]