• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does doing cardio make you loose muscle and or strength?

Does doing cardio make you loose muscle and or strength?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Since stopping cardio last 5 months,

Recovery better
Gains are better
Vascularity better
Boner better
Not so lethargic

Only time ill ever use it
Again is when im struggling to lose weight on low volume training or for sports specificity i.e when i fight muay thai
Or if
You play footy,
If you dont like cardio make your last few pump sets super sets or tri sets or quad sets little rest
Worked a treat for me take or leave the advice

Soft.

If your doing long distance style stuff then def yes - to both. If your doing HIT style training I dont think so - if anything I think it can help with strength athletes.

Now tell me this @Bazza20
How is it "soft" when i can get away wlth not doing cardio just for the sake of doing itt? Is doing cardio like a tough BB thing where i where my hoody on a treadmill and walk for countless hours just coz thats what BB do? Or completely goes balls out to the wall doing HIIT when there is really no apprent reason too when ive already got the results ive desired?

You must not be lifting hard enough if you have to essentially do cardio

As i said theres a time and place for it but fuck spending another second there when all its gonna lead to is making me feel like shit

I think everyone should do some form of cardio simply from a health point of view - but is it "needed" if your not cutting, playing sport or dont really care about the health aspect of it - no not really....

As I said though I do think strength athletes can get alot out of doing some expolosive HIT cardio...

Good posts so far, and I reckon if one chooses to do cardio, then it's best done directly after a weight workout.

Having said that, I believe the traditional types of cardio, done at a steady pace for long periods of time (1 hour and over) can do more damage than good over a protracted time.

Now tell me this @Bazza20
How is it "soft" when i can get away wlth not doing cardio just for the sake of doing itt? Is doing cardio like a tough BB thing where i where my hoody on a treadmill and walk for countless hours just coz thats what BB do? Or completely goes balls out to the wall doing HIIT when there is really no apprent reason too when ive already got the results ive desired?

You must not be lifting hard enough if you have to essentially do cardio

As i said theres a time and place for it but fuck spending another second there when all its gonna lead to is making me feel like shit

Agreed m8... Heaps of bb'rs out there who can get away without as their diet is tuned right in along with the correct intensity protocol (and others who also have some pharma assistance)