• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Donating blood and or plasma.

mike367

I'm donating blood and plasma on a regular basis, whole blood then plasma 4 weeks later, then plasma again 4 weeks after that, then start again with whole blood.

Does anyone know if this will have any effect, good or bad?

My body needs to replace the lost blood or plasma, as it does that, will the muscle growth slow?

Anyone else donate?
Mike.

Donating plasma shouldn't have too much effect with your lifting,as long as you give it about a day of rest
Studies have shown that donation of blood for males is a good thing gets rid of the build up of iron

http://www.menweb.org/alexiron.htm

Last edited:
Yeah, I had to give NINE VIALS of blood last week.. you have to take care for the first day because you'll bruise in the area with heavy lifting.

Plasma is the watery yellow part of the blood, basically it is blood with the red, and white blood cells, and platelets, removed, but still includes all the clottiing factors. and is easily replaced by increasing your fluid / water intake.

9 vials is only about 70ml, or maybe 1% of your blood volume, a donation is up to 600ml

Yes I work in a path lab and can take blood....!

Firstly I take it from an arm, then up stairs, and walks from department to department, occ we pack it up and send it for plane rides.

However it gets bored easily, and looses motivation, especially once we put it in the spinny thing, and poke it many time with probes, adding chemicals to it etc, so we take it for trip to the fridge and make it live there for a few weeks before we get bored of it, and throw it out......Then some one else takes it for a road trip....Which doesn't end well for it..

I feel sorry for the poor thing. Hahahahaha
Firstly I take it from an arm, then up stairs, and walks from department to department, occ we pack it up and send it for plane rides.

However it gets bored easily, and looses motivation, especially once we put it in the spinny thing, and poke it many time with probes, adding chemicals to it etc, so we take it for trip to the fridge and make it live there for a few weeks before we get bored of it, and throw it out......Then some one else takes it for a road trip....Which doesn't end well for it..

I donated a couple of days ago. I have always been under the impression that donating is a positive thing for your body, with some benefits.
I am sure I read it years ago, but can't remember exactly what. Might have to google it!

A few guys from work go to donate together. We all sit there squeezing the little squishy toy they give you as fast as possible to get the best time :p
The nurse said the other day, "Are you guys racing each other?"
LOL

If you donate, dont lift on that day. Pretty simple. Youll just get a mad headache, feel weak and worst case pop the vein they tapped open. Just drink heaps of water/fluids to replenish what was taken.