• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Donnie Thompson SPF World Record Squat

To the floor?

What does that mean Sherro?

Too me he looks like he went just pass parallel.

Massive squat non the less.

Too me he looks like he went just pass parallel.

Unless parallel has a new meaning (which it basically does in multi-ply) it wasn't even parallel. But deep compared to some of the other crap that gets put up.

Then how can it be a World Record?

Because multi-ply feds only give lip service to the term parallel.

I'm not taking anything away from the lifters themselves (that was still a fucking impressive squat), they all squat to the depth that will get passed, but rather the feds and judges which have departed so far from the definition of parallel they may as well be using some Non-Euclidean geometry.

invisible high box

still impressed, thats 571kg on someone's back

Unless parallel has a new meaning (which it basically does in multi-ply) it wasn't even parallel. But deep compared to some of the other crap that gets put up.

Not sure if we're watching the same video. That was a clearly parallel squat.

I just remember why I stopped posting on forums.

It was deep by SPF standards. But I was more laughing at the head ref cheering him on with her hands in the air half way through the lift. That says it all really - he could've squatted an inch higher and they still would have passed it. It's all about the lifter after all. Not the lifter's fault obviously - looks like he could've gone an inch deeper if he was required to.

Not sure if we're watching the same video. That was a clearly parallel squat.

Which still wouldn't be a legal depth squat according to most powerlifting rule books.

Sherro, i never know if you're being serous or not when you say stuff like "to the floor".

Last edited:
when going for world records its simply dumb to expect they're going to squat deep. It looked like a good squat to me.

Considering his wide stance, short legs and not going deep his ROM was bugger all.

Like breaking the 100m world record but only running 70.