• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Elbow Flared Up

Grunta

Packing a Huge Member
Hi, am hoping for some advise, (miracle really).

As per the title the R elbow is on fire again, cannot to tricepts and starting to affect my benching.

It's an old glitch and have tried all the basics that I have for years as it flares up.
I want to stay off the ani-inflams and the only way to fix it, is stop training, which I dont want to do, cos I'll be ravelling in the US for a month with limited or no training.

What can I do push through the next 2 weeks? The trip will recover me fully, but I need to get through the next 2 weeks training heavy and hoping to avoid the ani-inflams.

Any suggestions are most welocme, as I have ran out of tricks.

I have had elbow problems of late. Only way I manage to fix it was rest until better then avoid exercises that cause the pain.

I would rest as well.

In future, as a preventative measure, you might consider using elbow sleeves.

You can also give compression flossing a go, eg Voodoo bands/bike inner tube: Voodo floss your elbow problems - YouTube

It basically breaks up all the adhered myofascial tissue and helps relieve inflammation and tension in the area.

The other thing I've heard can help is regular high rep bicep curls (presumably it helps loosen up the triceps through reciprocal inhibition).

I have had elbow problems of late. Only way I manage to fix it was rest until better then avoid exercises that cause the pain.

Thanks, was hoping (or kidding myself) that would not be one of the responses, but must admit it's how I've managed them for years.

Will have to try this comression flossing, with tonnes of warm up to pump as much blood in there as I can before the heavy sets.

Thanks for your responses.
Fkn elbows, I'm having grease nipples fitted to em as soon as I come back. :mad:

Yeah i have recently started getting some elbow pain as well, it basically started when i started doing pull ups, so have had to give these away and the lebow is getiing better slowly, so maybe trying to find the cause of the pain and do an alternative?

I haven't used them personally, but know people who have for knees, ankles and elbows. Apparently uncomfortable and painful, but works a treat for chronic tightness. I'm getting one soon.

So if they are uncomfortable and painful, why wouldnt you just put up with the pain your elbow is giving you and lift through the pain?

It isn't to wear while lifting. It's not a supportive wrap.

It's a rehab tool. You put it on to use while doing mobilisation drills (only 2-3 minutes at a time each day) and hope that tissue quality improves and inflammation dies down so that you can actually use the joint without pain.

I just got an old bike tyre tube and tried that compression band thing. Tried it for elbows and knees. Never did a thing apart from leave some nice cuts and bruises. Waste of time for me.

It isn't to wear while lifting. It's not a supportive wrap.

It's a rehab tool. You put it on to use while doing mobilisation drills (only 2-3 minutes at a time each day) and hope that tissue quality improves and inflammation dies down so that you can actually use the joint without pain.

ah gotcha, completely missed the point of this, could be worth while in this case...

Makes more sense, I was going to wear it to the gym, thought, "how would I do dips with that on?"
Would have looked like an absolute nugget.

You only have two choice here mate. You either take NSAIDs (non-steroidal inflam drugs) and train heavily the next two weeks without pain but of coarse you have to look at the future complications OR take a rest for a week, then try training the following week. If there's still pain then you really have to rest more.

Just rest it... Easier said then done I know, wish I could take my own advice lol. Trust me two weeks off is better than two months off

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, am hoping for some advise, (miracle really).

As per the title the R elbow is on fire again, cannot to tricepts and starting to affect my benching.

It's an old glitch and have tried all the basics that I have for years as it flares up.
I want to stay off the ani-inflams and the only way to fix it, is stop training, which I dont want to do, cos I'll be ravelling in the US for a month with limited or no training.

What can I do push through the next 2 weeks? The trip will recover me fully, but I need to get through the next 2 weeks training heavy and hoping to avoid the ani-inflams.

Any suggestions are most welocme, as I have ran out of tricks.

Mate do you wear wrist wraps, whenever I don't wear them I get mad elbow tendonitis. For me the trigger is goose necking the wrist in squats and overhead press. If I wrap it rigid I don't get it at all.

Fat bars can help as well.

Is your issue in the crook of the elbow or on the outside. Crook of the elbow I have been told comes from the wrist, outside of the elbow from the shoulder.