• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Emotional Rationality and Fat Loss

Fadi

Just my own take on this subject if you will with all due respect to one and all…

Emotional Rationality

When the emotional mind met with the rational mind; they discussed fat loss…amongst other topics.

I was fortunate enough to witness a historic event today. It was one of a kind type of a meeting (some would say clash really) between two giants of our world: Mr Emotional and Mr Rational. Just as well I had my tape recorder with me, I would not have wanted to miss a single thing these two had to say to each other…and neither would you. So without further or do, here’s what took place earlier on today.

Mr Rational: It’s good to finally be sitting here with you; I’ve been trying my best to get your attention to…

Mr Emotional: Oh for crying out loud, do you always have to give a sermon; do you always have to rationalise this and analise that! Just get on with it man, just get on with it will ya!

Mr R: As I was saying before you so rudely int…

Mr E: I tell you what clever boy, you try to psychoanalise me one more time and this meeting would be as good as over; do you hear me! What is wrong with you, don’t you know there are millions of people out there who are too busy thinking things through…wasting precious time! They all desperately need my help, so get on with it Charlie boy!

Fadi: Ausbb, Mr rational is thinking of a way that would allow him to get into Mr Emotional’s good books, or else he’d be cut down to pieces here. Okay, he’s ready I think…

Mr R: You know what Sir; I’m so so proud of you…no no wait sit down. I mean it I really do. We all (all the thinkers out there) are so damn proud of what you did today. What, don’t you remember?

Mr E: No I don’t remember and for the last time because I won’t be repeating this; I don’t think, I don’t remember, and I really don’t give a damn okay! I don’t work on time I work on impulse .All I do is do, get it! I react to emotional triggers instead of wasting time with thoughtful examination. I understand what is real for me. So if you’re angry… I know; if you’re lying ... I know. I rely on my intuitive powers to snap into gear because speed is everything to me and it reigns supreme even above accuracy. Some abused me because of this, accusing me of making mistakes and of being misguided at times. Well Mr Rational, no one’s perfect you know, not even you with all your analytical powers. Everyone makes mistakes but there’re things that no one can do but I. So now that I’ve got that off my chest, would you care to remind me of what it was that I did today that made you and your philosophical buddies so proud of me?

Mr R: You saved a young boy’s life, that’s what you did today!

Mr E: Wow really truly, hey you’re not so bad after all. I’m beginning to like you…go on go on, how did I do that?

Mr R: Well even I must admit that there are times when you are much more needed than I am. I mean you’re far more superior than I am when it comes to speed; you spring into action without pausing even for a flicker of a moment, a moment to consider what you’re getting yourself into. As you know, I like to analise and reflect upon matters; after all, that is my hallmark.

Mr E: Oh God I like it I like it, yes yes go on go on please… what else have you got to lavishly say about me…?! Don’t hold back now you hear!

Mr R: Well as I was saying, that boy you saved today was nearly hit by a bus. What, are you saying you didn’t notice …surly you must’ve seen it coming?!

Mr E: Seen what coming?

Mr R: The bus that climbed onto the footpath where the young boy was standing with his mother. That young boy moved so damn fast it was a miracle he was not struck and killed! I mean I am totally bewildered here. You are capable of such amazing speed, that there seems to be no lapse in time, no interval between what triggers an emotion (yeh that’s you here) and your eruption into action; virtually instantaneous I tell you. No wonder you didn’t see the bus coming, you were so on automatic that even I was not consciously aware of what you did…until you did it.

Mr E: So are you saying that I’m some sort of a radar for danger.

Mr R: Well yes now that you’ve put it that way. I mean if that boy had to think and rationalise about what was happening at the time, he might not only have made the wrong decision…he would have been DEAD!

Intelligent Human: There seems to be a movement in that bush!
Impulsive Human: Yup, quick! Run for shelter!
Intelligent Human (still standing there looking at the bush): Let us take this one step at a time! Now how big can a thing be to cause so much… Oh Lord, a lion!
Game over, Intelligent one gets eaten!

Moral of the story is this: there are some of us who are emotionally dominant when it comes to food or making food choices etc. Yes, it’s all good and well to sit on the side line and rationalise about why we do what we do or judge others, but I see respect and understanding first and foremost for the other person’s behaviour is paramount if we are to arrive at a solution to the weight management problem.

Fadi.

Last edited:
I still have no idea how that helps with fat loss. How does congratulating someone's poor impulse control help?