• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat Loss and Beer??!!!

k_21

Gents (& ladies),

I consume about 4 - 6 beers on a given week.

Some weeks it maybe 2 less some 2 more.

What's the effect on loosing fat and putting on
muscle whilst consuming beer in this range?

Thanks
Devante.

will slow it down a bit, but generally you'll be fine.

A lot of people on here are completely against alcohol, which is fine. But if you aren't going for a pro or elite level and you like a few beers a week, enjoy it.

If you want to hit something with less calories for a while to help, you could hit up some gin or scotch maybe.

Or you could give the beers a miss for a couple of months for better results.

But generally, you'll be right as long as the rest of your diet is in check and your smashing your exercise.

Have a read of this: http: //www .biologiclabs.com/advice/details.asp?article_id=89 (I can't post links yet so remove the spaces)

Though the author (Damon) is often quite biased on is views it might shake some reality into you. You're body treats alcohol as a poison and so directs it's energy to breaking it down and removing it above that of fat, therefore whilst there is alcohol in your body you will have a very tough time losing fat. On top of that alcohol takes a long time to remove also so even once a week will make a huge difference.

I would say that although you may be able to lose fat whilst drinking alcohol it will be much slower and more difficult than without and there will be a point where you will not be able to drop any further.

Devante,

I've written an article here http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8994-when-final-knockout-needed-stubborn-fat.html about fat how estrogen plays a part in it and how we can take some steps to minimise its negative effects on our fat levels. You may want to take a look at it.

Now what would you say if I told you that drinkers seem to be characterized by consistently higher estradiol levels than nondrinkers?

As apiewithhoboliftingaroma has said, it's really up to you and what your goals are. But from your question
What's the effect on loosing fat and putting on muscle whilst consuming beer in this range?
I see your concern is relating to the way in which alcohol facilitate or hinders fat loss/muscle gain. To that, I think the evidence is clear.

Fadi.

Devante,

I've written an article here [removed......] about fat how estrogen plays a part in it and how we can take some steps to minimise its negative effects on our fat levels. You may want to take a look at it.

Now what would you say if I told you that drinkers seem to be characterized by consistently higher estradiol levels than nondrinkers?

As apiewithhoboliftingaroma has said, it's really up to you and what your goals are. But from your question I see your concern is relating to the way in which alcohol facilitate or hinders fat loss/muscle gain. To that, I think the evidence is clear.

Fadi.

Fadi,

Thanks for that! Yes so the evidence is clear. Will cut down or stop
for a few months and observer the results.

Thanks again. On to read the artice that Fadi recomended as well.

Devante.

Just take your time Devante. I used to consume 12 beers over a weekend not to long ago. I had cut it down and as my training became more important to me it has basically dried up.

a few years ago i would drink most week nights, then the weekend oh man probably a carton and half or more, now i hardly touch a beer on the weekend but when i do man it tastes so fine haha still love a beer that will never change

Gents (& ladies),

I consume about 4 - 6 beers on a given week.

Some weeks it maybe 2 less some 2 more.

What's the effect on loosing fat and putting on
muscle whilst consuming beer in this range?

Thanks
Devante.

IMO - If you want a social drink on the weekend, drink mid strength or light beer and keep it to a couple of nights on the weekend and just 3 or 4 a night. XXXX Gold isnt bad tasting for a midstrength - I hate light beer but dont mind this.

Its more so the alcohol thats the problem I think than any carbs in the beer - low carb beer is a marketing stunt! I drink a few beers a night on the weekend to be social, the amount of time the alcohol from 3 mid strength beers in you system to hinder fat burning isnt huge I dont think. If I find I really want to lose that last bit and its hanging in there I'll look cutting out the weekend drop of amber!

Again its how you weigh up your priorities - is having <10% BF higher priority than enjoying a couple of bevies on your weekends? Beer isnt all bad for you - you can drink a lot worse things!

For me when I was cutting out my drinks (haven't touched alcohol for a couple years now though I was never a heavy drinker) I would relate it to an example of calorie or food intake. So for example 1 beer for me would equal approximately half a pizza and that would turn me off especially when cutting fat.