• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Few general questions

G

Gem747

Hey guys. I'm another one on here doing the PTC Beginners program. Been doing it for about 5 weeks now. Fairly happy with my progress. I've tried to focus on form and have readjusted a few things along the way.

Now bit of background. I had inguinal hernia surgery last year. Was pretty bad. Now have mesh holding it all together. Took it easy for quite a while. I started out light. Been working my way up. Now the squats are getting a bit heavier (mind you only 65kg) I'm getting pain in the area I had surgery. Have had to drop it back a little and do more reps. Maybe I'm just going a bit quick? Anyone else had similar problems? I guess i want to know if I can continue to put on size with lighter weight/ more reps. Might have to only go up 5kg a week? At the end of the day I don't care if I can lift 20kg or 200kg as long as I'm getting bigger.

Along with that it causes pain in the last couple reps of military press being in the fully stretched standing position. Tried seated press today and felt a lot better. I know it's not using as many muscles but can I just use the seated press instead of standing and still get good results?

Another thing I am very tight. Been stretching a lot. It's getting better but my left hamstring is a lot tighter than the right. SLDL seems to work my left more. Do I just need to stretch the left more? Actually my whole left side seems to work harder and be a lot sorer. Is this because its weaker than the right?

Sorry about the long post I'm loving training just need to work in these issues before I start going heavier.

Cheers.

As far as the hernia goes, I had a repair done about two years ago. I still get pain in the incision site at times, often when I'm lifting.

I didn't actually have a hernia to start with though (misdiagnosed lipoma), so it may be something to be more careful with for you then it was for me.

Yea I'm starting to think I just need to slow down a bit with the squats because of it. Maybe do some more core exercises. I had a 10cm tear repaired. The surgeon said it was one of the bigger ones he's seen. Mind you I had to wait 6 months for surgery and still kept doing manual labour which made it worse.

I'm also going overseas in 8 weeks so I've been trying to really push it because I want to have a decent looking body by then. I've put on about 12 kg in 2.5-3 months. Half muscle half fat though of course. Need to clean up diet a bit and try tone up. Yes I know this is the powerlifting section too by the way before anyone says it lol.