• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

First true bulk cycle, some diet help please!

Blackaces

Hi all,

First time post!
Im seeking some help in setting my self up with a GOOD lean bulk cycle.
Abit about my self, Im 20, weigh around 69-70 kilos at about 6-8% BF (umbilicus skin fold is at about 11mm) , I train 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) sat and sun are active recovery days Im also a personal trainer at lutwyche fitness first so i have a VERY active day, which when i include training ontop of that, ive been having alot of trouble gaining and keeping any solid weight. In a busy week i could easily lose 1.5 kilos with out even meaning too, which obviously causes quite alot of frustration since at the moment growing is more or less my number one concern right behind my family and my clients.

Abit more info, I use to carry around 30% BF at 17 so i have spent a LONG time (Ie going on 3 years) losing all of that weight, I also market my self as a weight loss expert within my gym, so staying at least fairly lean year round is very important to me.

What im essentially asking is this:
I REALLY want to succeed as a young BB, and i dont consider gear an option for myself, Can anyone PLEASE help me in setting up a good lean bulk diet? Leaning out i can do... bulking, not so easy.
Can you please help me with setting up my macros, Pre/Post, nutrient timing, maybe even a sample meal plan or even a small section on WHY were eating this amount at this time etc I would be very appreciative. If you guys can atleast point me in the right direction im happy to do the rest of the leg work my self.
Some figures:
My TDEE can fluctuate from 2600 through to around 3300 per day depending on the day.
I eat 7 meals a day every 2-3 hours (though through necessity i may go 4 though i try to avoid it) @ about 350-450 cals per meal
My Macros are something along the lines of 250 Pro 200 Carb 100-115 Fat
Im very insulin sensitive (due to several months lowcarb/CKD) and im worried about excessive carb intake (read: insulin spikes)
Im also 179cm tall

Thanks so much guys

Have a look at some if the diet plans already on this site. Basically if you want to put on weight, eat more

I also would have thought being a PT, you would already have some idea of this especially if you give advice to your clients at fitness first where you are supposedly a weight loss expert

If ur looking for a solid lbm type bulk and not a dirty type bulk scivations lean mass diet isn't a bad place to start. Free ebook can be found here:

http://www.scivation.com/books/leanmassdiet.htm

Also u mention high activity levels and high caloric expenditure. So my advice would be to start training hit style (bb.com have a good Dorian Yates basic hit training series which is good). Hit the weights hard and brief, and reduce overall training frequency (4 days lifting every 8 days or so).

Also don't miss meals. If ur natural and a true hard gainer u cannot miss meals. Everything has to be on point nurition wise.

there are numerous diets on here.. being a pt, you should be familiar with doing RESEARCH.

EAT MORE..train less..cut cardio.

sample meal, 4 rashers bacon, 4 eggs, 1 piece of fruit
200g chicken, shit loads of vegies ( no potato/corn)
200g steak, shit load of veg
tuna, huge salad
200g chicken, shit load of veg with sweet potato and potato post workout only
no protein powders since you already eat 7 meals a day, you shouldn't need them