• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flavour Your Own Protein

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
For those that have been reading the protein threads you would be aware that I have not been happy with the taste of of the protein powders I have been using.

I think most flavours are either too weak or just not very nice.

This lead me to look into alternatives. I have been adding cinnamon to the shakes, or making berry smoothies which are delicious as well as full of antioxidants, but I don't always want the hassle or the extra calories, most of the time I just want a quick low calorie low carb way of having some protein that does not taste like chalk.

Searching the net I came across a product called Sweet Drops Stevia, claiming to be 100% natural sweetener, with no carbs, no GI, no calories and I assumed no bloody taste, but after looking at the alternatives I ordered two bottles to try.

English Toffee, and Vanilla.

They arrived in the mail today and after training I added 5 drops of English Toffee to my post workout shake.

And I must say it was the most delicious tasting protein shake I have ever had...full stop:eek: Think caramel toffee milk shake and I did not even use milk!!

Will try the Vanilla next time I have another shake.

Best of all you can adjust the flavour to your taste by adding more drops or less according to your taste, not what some manufacturer decided to give you but what you like.

Already looking at other flavours to try and it might be a bit of hit and miss, but I think from now on I will be buying bulk unflavoured WPI or WPC and just adding my own flavour.

17 flavours available:)

Sweet Drops? Liquid Stevia | SweetLeaf® Stevia Sweetener | Sugar Substitutes

Flavoured Liquid Stevia - Sweetleaf - Naturally Sweet

I believe this can also be added to water, tea, and other foods, make your own choc orange, choc mint, toffee etc etc shakes the possibilities are endless, and no need to buy different flavoured protein powders.

Will report back on the vanilla as soon as I have some, might have another shake before bed just so I can try it:p

Last edited:
I've seen a bunch of american youtube fitness channels use this
http://www.makeitmio.com/
I have not found an aussie alternative though :(.
Though with the flavours, it would probably fit a home made preworkout rather than protein.

Maybe you could add walden farms syrups to your shake? Haven't tried this though

Get them from where ever you like, eBay is my favorite site to buy stuff over the net.

I think even NB used to sell these or may be still do.

Custom made for your own taste-buds. Wise stuff Mick.

Quite a few of our customers do this.
This is the purchase of our unflavoured Whey with the addition of our flavours in our flavouring section or simply our stevia.

We don't have all of our flavours up but could do if demand asks for it in the future.
Simply add half the packet if the flavour is too strong for your taste buds or add a double pack if it is too weak:

Our Chocolate flavour is a combination of Cocoa, chocolate flavours and Sucralose. The inclusion rate is 3.5%, so it will affect protein purity very little once added. Sucralose is the safest artificial sweetener available and contains no calories.
Each Chocolate flavour satchet for 4kg of protein contains 140g of flavour.
Our Vanilla flavour is a combination of natural and artificial vanilla flavours. We use Sucralose as the sweetener as it is considered the safest available. The inclusion rate for our vanilla flavour is 2% so the effect on protein purity is very minor.
Each Vanilla flavour satchet for 4kg of protein contains 40g of flavour.
Our Strawberry flavour is a combination of natural and artificial vanilla flavours. We use Sucralose as the sweetener as it is considered the safest available. The inclusion rate for our Strawberry flavour is 2.6% so the effect on protein purity is very minor.
Each Strawberry flavour satchet for 4kg of protein contains 100g of flavour.
Our Banana flavour is a combination of natural and artificial vanilla flavours. We use Sucralose as the sweetener as it is considered the safest available. The inclusion rate for our Banana flavour is 2.3% so the effect on protein purity is very minor.
Each Banana flavour satchet for 4kg of protein contains 100g of flavour.

How did I miss this??

Will have to have another look at this then.

Should have probably advertised this option a bit more when people were asking for less flavour while others were asking for more.

Still using this [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; ??

I am thinking of giving these a go.. 17 flavours at my disposal would be the Wpi equivalent of going to a charlie chocolate factory for a fat little kid.

Mate still do use it on one off, can be a bit hit and miss, but overall its worth it as you can adjust your own flavour.