• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food Engineering

The articles reads:
"The third problematic ingredient is gelatine. This is anathema to observant Muslims, Jews and vegetarians, and even secular omnivores may be wondering what this by-product of pig skin is doing in their pudding."

A bit dramatic if you ask me.

Gelatine is a protein substance derived from collagen, a natural protein present in the tendons, ligaments, and tissues of mammals. It is produced by boiling the connective tissues, bones and skins of animals, usually cows and pigs. Okay, so Muslims and Jews don't eat the pig and its by-products. There're always the by-products of cows, sheep, goats etc. I'm not seeing the big issue here when it comes to the manufacturing of gelatin (which incidentally most of our supplement capsules are made of).

Okay, so nothing is natural anymore. I wonder what does Joanna Blythman himself eats?

In a similar fashion to this article, I saw a program about the new Boeing 787 dreamliner, where the workers who worked on it choose not to fly in it. Now that's comforting to hear wouldn't you agree!!

Last edited:
What a sad day it would be for a paleo dieter stumbling upon this little piece of culinary internet haven..