• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

matt357

i have only been lifting for about 3 months, i weigh 66kg and i am about 175cm tall.
any feedback is good feedback! so feel free to comment. :)

[YOUTUBE]y-19_-OJj94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IJ43bnVH_pY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LB9qIdPVidI[/YOUTUBE]

i couldn't work out how to embed the video into the post, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadlift for the most part is ok mate.
See how as you break the floor, your shoulders rock forward, and your hips shoot up faster than your shoulders? Its because your not staying tight enough.
Just focus on keeping your abs tight and your chest high at the start of the pull and it will come good.

Bench is ok.
The only thing I can really pick is you are not setting your shoulder blades in before you unrack.
Make sure you squeeze your shoulder blades in as close together as possible before you unrack the weight. This is the safest position for your shoulders to bench in.

Squat is probably one of the best "check my form" ones ive seen.
When you unrack, face the other way. Walk it out backwards and return it the right way.
Also I could see your knees knocking in a bit, but I think you know that. It looked like you were consciously pushing them out when they wanted to come in.

Keep chipping away mate, youll be a monster by time your 20.
I wish I had started squatting at 16 :(.

yeah, my deadlift has to be abit better, because i wasnt keeping everything tight.
with my bench, when i squeeze my shoulder blades back, and then reach up for the bar, they come out abit, I've tried it before.
i've watched a couple of videos on how to correct my knees buckling, some people say that i should do exercises that train the muscle that pulls my knees apart. i have to turn my "squat rack" around because the cement is on a slope.
i really hope i can stay motivated, but it doesn't seem like a problem so far! i'd like to have the strongest possible muscles for their weight if that makes sense because i want to still be agile enough.
Thanks for the feedback.

Where abouts in SA are you Matt. Have you considered coming to Friday Strength Club or doing some PT sessions at 'The Cave?

Adelaide, i have thought about "the cave" but i haven't got any funds because i still go to school and dont have a job yet. could you tell me about the Friday strength club and the costs involved with the cave and the strength club? is PT personal training?

The relaxed and friendly group environment is a prime opportunity to develop your skills as a strength athlete and build a phenomenal physique with expert coaching

These sessions are ideal for
- Improving your sport performance
- Increased neuromuscular activation
- Improved force rate production for sport specific situation
- Improved physique
- Reduce fat
- $20 a session

matt - as your new to lifting. I highly rate you either

1. Get somebody knowlegable in lifting and trains like what u see in the vids to spot your form OR
2. head to the cave and see fuzzy or catastrophic for a session and get hints tips. The small amount of $$ u spend there will be worth it 100 times over as u get more into lifting and the heavier weights.

Reason i say this is because looking at vids online will never do it justice as having somebody check your form in person.

Numerous clients/members of mine have watched vids online and when they came to see me to check their form there was a fair bit to correct.

U dont want to be in a wheelchair/crutches because u pulled your back or since u never learned the correct technique from the beginning.

yeah, it sounds good, how long is a session? i'll think about it and get back to you asap, what is the friday strength club

+1 to what the other guys have said

in your squat, dont wast energy walking it out 3 meters, all u need to do is make sure u clear the racks, so as little steps as possible.
a lot of the guys take 2 or 3 steps

+1 to what the other guys have said

in your squat, dont wast energy walking it out 3 meters, all u need to do is make sure u clear the racks, so as little steps as possible.
a lot of the guys take 2 or 3 steps
yeah, i just wanted to get clear of the ladder, i dont think it wasted much energy with that weight, but when i do it next i'll cut down on the steps. probably 3 steps to set.

yeah, i just wanted to get clear of the ladder, i dont think it wasted much energy with that weight, but when i do it next i'll cut down on the steps. probably 3 steps to set.
yeah, walking backwards will be harder/take more energy, so the less steps u take, the better :) especially when shit gets heavy

i have only been lifting for about 3 months, i weigh 66kg and i am about 175cm tall.
any feedback is good feedback! so feel free to comment. :)

[YOUTUBE]y-19_-OJj94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IJ43bnVH_pY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LB9qIdPVidI[/YOUTUBE]

i couldn't work out how to embed the video into the post, sorry.
Embeded them for you. ;)

I'm no expert at all but try to keep your forearms vertical when benching, prevents a lot of torque from going on in your shoulders.

With your squat, take 1 step back from your squat stands, not 4 steps forward :p Otherwise it looks pretty good.

On deadlift, keep everything tighter. It also looks like your ass goes up first. Try to have your shoulders and hips go up at the same rate until bar gets to knee height.