• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Game fishing

canned tuna

Wild shot here, anyone here into game fishing aka traveling hours to sea and trolling, jigging, cubing, popping etc?
I'm into tuna and kingfish jigging... nothing like that power

Bloody oath mate, have caught tuna, marlin sailfish, love it!!! Even got a sail out of my tinny...My ultimate goal would be to get into some Marlin up to 1000lb

Yeah would love to do it, unfortunately i dont live close to where i can go or have a boat, although when i used to goto Cairns i used go out reef fishing and caught heaps.

Now i settle for river fishing in the Vic high country

my dad goes to bermagui like once a year chasing the marlin, i have always wanted to go but i get bad sea sickness lol... im a walking burly bucket

my dad goes to bermagui like once a year chasing the marlin, i have always wanted to go but i get bad sea sickness lol... im a walking burly bucket

Some of the best fishing in Australia in Bermagui...ate Marlin straight off the boat ramp once...fuarrrrrrrrk so good!

Used to be crazy into fishing, studying diff spots around the south coast....used to do alot of rock fishing...

Some of the best fishing in Australia in Bermagui...ate Marlin straight off the boat ramp once...fuarrrrrrrrk so good!

Used to be crazy into fishing, studying diff spots around the south coast....used to do alot of rock fishing...
yeah its the place to be when it comes to game fishing lol

wouldgoifigotthechance/10

im east melbourne, and cant drive, and got no gear.... love fishing though hahahaha

Last year on a routine trip out of Sydney to Heaton's (4 Hours out to sea), after a solid day of no results, I hung up the jig and everyone prepared to bring in their pilchard cubes

wISwG.jpg

No sooner had we been groaning about what a tough day it was, one of the reels starts taking line, then another.
Being awfully pessimistic, we were all exepecting small albacore tuna

But the line kept peeling off

g49ns.jpg

Under heavy drag, one tuna popped off, and the other just kept on going!
We had barely any line left so began to chase the fish down.

Some 90 odd minutes into the fight, the reel handle snapped right off. This wasn't happening to us, well, this couldn't happen, right?
Wrong. Improvisations were made and after two more hours of manually putting line on the reel, only just outrunning death circles under wide open throttle, and everyone's balls retracting into their guts, we sunk a few gaffs into a 100kilogram Bluefin tuna - a fish you simply do not catch off of Sydney.

mv9f3.jpg

It is a day I will never forget

Last edited:
Wow mate, awesome battle, awesome fish..........fwaaaarkin awesome all round I'd say

That thing is a brute if I ever seen one....just wow and well done landing that fwaarker man, especially with how it went down, must of been a nerve racking ride.