• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting some gear

Riddles

I mean, the non-injectable kind.

I haven't been training long but to the point where it's been suggested I might start using or at least experimenting with some personal equipment for powerlifting and strongmanning. The issue I'm finding is that I could go out and buy a whole bunch of stuff but like starting any new sport it really does get really expensive, especially with shipping. So I'm after some suggestions in what I might try as well as the order of priority and the best places to source it. I might have the chance to borrow some equipment from people at the gym to see how I go but it won't be possible for all.

My wish list would be as follows (no way can I afford it all at once)...

-Belt
-Knee sleeves (my knees aren't great)
-Knee wraps
-Wrist wraps
-Boots (hiking boots for strongman, my current ones are falling apart :( )
-Stone sleeves (I'm allergic to both tape and tacky)
-Tacky
-Climbing shoes (although real truck pulls aren't that common)

All that gear would be under 500.

Start out with a belt and wraps and build it from there.

All the belts are in stock, just the American lever maker cant keep up with demand at the moment. Next week Tuesday/Wednesday.