• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ghr

PRISON_MIKE

Hi guys

First post here and I'm not entirely sure it's in the right place, if it's not please let me know.

Does anyone have any experience with this GHR ?

I'm considering purchasing it and would like your opinions on it, or a review if you have this one or used it before.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents and I haven't used it. The gym and fitness one looks good. The pad angle and everything is how it is meant to be etc. The ones you see elsewhere are those crossfit style ghds. Unless you want to do metcons once a year with a ghd, the gym and fitness one is far superior. Plus it has band pegs and is about their 3rd gen model, so it has be re-worked and improved.

Glute ham raise.

Unless you have every other bit of equiptment you need there are better things to spend money on. Like a reverse hyper bench.
Posted via Mobile Device

My 2 cents and I haven't used it. The gym and fitness one looks good. The pad angle and everything is how it is meant to be etc. The ones you see elsewhere are those crossfit style ghds. Unless you want to do metcons once a year with a ghd, the gym and fitness one is far superior. Plus it has band pegs and is about their 3rd gen model, so it has be re-worked and improved.
The first time I saw that it blew my mind....they use GHDs primarily for sit ups...wtf

What is this wonderful device?
Glute ham raise.

Glute ham raise.

Unless you have every other bit of equiptment you need there are better things to spend money on. Like a reverse hyper bench.
Posted via Mobile Device
As NPR said reverse hyper is better, here is one of the cheapest ones I have found
I always thought the reverse hyper hit the lower back much harder than the glutes and hams, after a bit of research it seems I was wrong. That rev hyper might be a bit pricey for me at 800. Gymandfitness offered me $100 off the GHR to bring the price down to 600 which is why I'm so tempted.

Cheers, keep the opinions coming. Much appreciated.

Funny you should say that NPR, wendler's recently rubbished reverse hypers in favour of the GHR, i noticed thats the general consensus from the ipf dudes on powerlifters.com.au.

Mike, I've used a GHR a few times and I really like them. They give you great ham/glute work without the DOMS of something like a stiff leg or Romanian. For me, because theyre on par with high rep good mornings its not worth the purchase in terms of spacial economy imo.

Also if you get one be prepared. They're **** harder than they first appear.

I think Wendler and Louie are blueing, not the best of friends, and Louie has patents on RH, he became famous from them.

Both are great bits of equipment and work the PC very hard, you cant go wrong with either.

I should add that I dont believe either are superior to Romanian Deadlifts anyway.

To anyone that has used a GHR before, how does the difficulty compare to that of natural glute ham raises (ie. knees on the floor, feet anchored down)? Obviously natural glute ham raises seem harder as the body's pivot is the knee whereas on a GHR machine the pivot can be adjusted up to the upper thigh. Although it almost looks like a different technique on the GHR machine. Once I get 15 posts up I'll post up some vids to illustrate what I'm trying to say.

My favorite quote about the RH

"If you don't know where your sciatic nerve is before using a RH, you certainly will after".

I'd def go the GHR over RH. Yes both are good at what they do, GHR does more and you can even do a poor mans version of a RH on one. There is also a reason that in most gyms the RH becomes a table to fill out your training log.

Not hating on Rh, but if choice of one, go GHR.

In any event neither of them are essentials. I'd spend the cash elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device