• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ghr

0ni

Registered Rustler
Where can I get a GHR?
The one on gym direct looks like it fucking sucks

Where can I get a GHR?
The one on gym direct looks like it fucking sucks

I got the force GHR. It does the job. Sticky has the same one and likes it. You have that option or custom made that would cost a small fortune.

"People have discovered that angling the pad drastically improves the design and that is what is included on this model."

I don't get it. How does angling a semi circle make any difference at all?
Please explain this, it's completely lost on me

"People have discovered that angling the pad drastically improves the design and that is what is included on this model."

It's a copy of the elitefts design but I don't really get how changing the angle makes a difference either. It's like rotating the angle of a circle, its a circle, it's the same all the way round.

Yeah bazza that's what I thought as well
Obviously there is something different that makes it better but I just don't understand how lol

Maybe they mean by angling the foot pad and plate higher, I know it makes a shit load of difference on mine.
Keep a look out young fella, they pop up used from time to time if you don't wanna splash the cash on a brand newy.

I have the Again Faster GHD. After owning one I also like the Rogue GHD, expensive though. I was looking to sell the Again Faster GHD to go for the Rogue, but not to many people are interested buying a GHD and most people think its a hair straightener...

Personally I like Sorinex Poor Mans GHD, however you can't get these in Australia, I feel it would be much more user friendly.

Last edited:

The down angle of the pad helps maintain knee contact with the pad even with a vertical body position. Without the angle you can drop straight through when you reach the top of the movement.

I've tried several GHR's and heres what I thought.

EliteFTS GHR is the best I've used, but as Graham said anything from the states has the additional shipping cost.

Force USA GHR is the one I bought. Big foot plate, with lots of vertical and horizontal adjustments and band attachments. The only thing better/worse is the pad. It has a split pad which can be handy for guys, but the foam isn't as hard as the EFS GHR which is the only thing I can knock on it. Oh and it has wheels too.

Iron Edge GHD's... both of the ones I tried sucked. The first design could only change vertical pad placement which meant no scaling for beginners or bigger guys. The second/current design has "rollers" which in my opinion totally screw up the movement. Also has the knee step which you shouldn't need.

CyberFit GHD has no pad angle, and because of this also has the knee step.

I just bought the Force USA model from gym and fitness. Waiting for it to be delivered and I will post back once I have put it through it's paces. I am looking forward to the humbling experience of learning to perform this movement correctly haha.

I was originally looking to go with this model but the salesman I was talking to talked me into the force.

GHR Commercial Glute Ham Raise

Anyone have any exprience with this one?

The iron edge one is the worst I've used.
Wouldn't even keep one if it was free

What happens when people who don't lift design things for lifters lol