• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Girl Arms

Aaron

Hello Hello :)

My name is Aaron, and I have girl arms. I understand I might get shot for asking about BB curls in the strength section (but it is relative!)

I am currently doing a full body workout 3x per week (for details, see my log).

I know that the compound lifts will develop biceps. I've also been doing bb curls every other workout. However - I also understand that the bicep is a smaller muscle and will recover very quickly? Am I ok to do curls every day? Or will this be overkill? Will it affect my other lifts? We're not talking big weights here... I've been running with 2.5kg increments, next session set to be at 25kg.

Strength is my overall goal, but I'd really like to lose the chicken arms!

Cheers,

Aaron.

Post up your other lifts...
look in his log bro..

If you want big arms add some close grip bench for triceps
reverse grip chins for biceps or if your like me and cant do em BB curls
contract at the top

I find that smaller muscles can be worked more frequent but with less volume than larger muscles

and some consistancy in your overall training which going by your log youve had next to zero of that this year...

add an arms day. compounds have added little to my arms in a year, i think direct work is necessary, which i do none.

this article on tnation, check it out. Bret C is one of my favorite dudes at the moment. 3 Total body programs for big arms

synopses of article
Putting it All Together • Get strong erectors, hips, and legs by squatting and deadlifting.
• Focus on progressive overload on upper body compound movements such as close grip bench presses and weighted chin ups.
• Add in a variety of arm isolation exercises but don't necessarily go for progressive overload on these movements. Focus on "feeling" the right muscles do the work and think of "contracting your muscles against resistance." Go for higher reps on isolation movements and try to squeeze blood into the intended region.
• Don't spend the entire year specializing on arms. We're not kidding here. Choose 3-4 three-week periods throughout the year to "blast" them and make them grow.

I CBF'd looking at yr training log. What's your diet like? If your eating big, having chicken arms would be unusual.

N00bs has a good point.

No you can't train em every day or every session, but one or two exercises twice a week is sweet. Don't get caught up on it, just train.

My wife likes it when my triceps get hard.

No rude comments please gentlemen... that'd be beneath us now wouldn't it??

look in his log bro..

If you want big arms add some close grip bench for triceps
reverse grip chins for biceps or if your like me and cant do em BB curls
contract at the top
<cut>

Sorry I didn't know there were training logs on here :( (I've only been looking in 2 sections of the forum).

To the op, I'd be focusing on increasing your lifts and eating, are you very skinny?

I personally would consider dropping the bicep curls and focusing on increasing all your other lifts, especially your bench press, military press and squat.