• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

girls of Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How do you get over the intimidation factor when you're lifting weights surrounded by men? Fitness Gents - What are you really thinking when you see a novice girl trying to lift?

how did you start getting into lifting and what are some examples of your workouts when you first started
and 2. what do you do to push yourself over the intimidation threshold you feel when you walk away from the cardio machines and into the lifting arena?

[MENTION=17413]tamara[/MENTION]; [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION]; [MENTION=8557]chocchillimango[/MENTION]; @Brisbane chick girl... [MENTION=14929]Oilucy[/MENTION];

N/A never felt intimidated.
Didn't walk away from cardio machines either.
Training was not that much different than it is now (just more beginner style so greater focus on technique to start although that learning never ends).

Guys at my gyms were and are great. It's no big deal.

One chick at my gym did that - pulled 110kg for a single... The guy in front of her was doing working sets of 50kg... Was funny as.

When I tested maxes for deads in March, I didn't realise i had an audience LOL

After I finished that, I started to set up for a few things I wanted to finish off with. As I carried a bench to where I needed it, one of the powerlifting guys came over, took the bench and said "let me carry the bench for you. that was SO AWESOME by the way".

So funny.

When I tested maxes for deads in March, I didn't realise i had an audience LOL

After I finished that, I started to set up for a few things I wanted to finish off with. As I carried a bench to where I needed it, one of the powerlifting guys came over, took the bench and said "let me carry the bench for you. that was SO AWESOME by the way".

So funny.

(Not to say the lift/s weren't impressive) But he was probably hitting on you CCM :cool:

... And why wouldn't he? ;)

(Not to say the lift/s weren't impressive) But he was probably hitting on you CCM :cool:

... And why wouldn't he? ;)

actually, no he wasn't. what was both funny but really cool was that he was so impressed with my lifts (and the fact I did them with a sore back lol).
they were pretty good... 120kg at 46kg :p

I've never felt intimidated - I'm there for the same reasons as the fellas are pretty much.
That said I made sure I had my workout sessions pre-planned and I used to walk around with a note book to record my weights etc.

Fitness Gents - What are you really thinking when you see a novice girl trying to lift?

I think its great, she's getting out there and trying new things. Plus its something different rather than being surrounded by dudes in the gym. A bit of female action spices it up for sure.