• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gone are the days of the bodybuilding gyms

unibum

Please move this where you see fit.

The gym I am going to Brisbane is being taken over by snap fitness
and if you like the old school kinda free weight machines they are
getting rid of them all not sure what they are doing with them
but if anyone is interested I can ask on your behalf PM me.

Kinda disappointing really, but what can you do? No more T bar row,
etc

Cheers

way of the world , it's a niche field and with the price of insurance these days it's no wonder free weights are going the way of the dodo

sorry state of affairs

They arent gyms lol.

Uni, are they selling gear? if so, let me know what they have or put me in contact with someone there :)

There is plenty of good gyms around, you usually just have to travel a bit to find one unlike a jetts/anytime/fitnessfarce which are on every corner.

Usually PCYC's are a safe bet for a cheap decent gym.

I am surprised at the amount of Anytime, Jetts or Snap, whatever the fuck they call themselves that have opened up in Adelaide, they are farkin everywhere, and in some shit places too. I am on the road all hours of the morning and day and most of them look empty, makes me wonder how they are making any money, I suppose as long as people keep buying memberships they might cover some costs.
Seems the Curves fad has dried up with the chicks, alot of them have disappeared, an old mate, his Mrs and their family all bought one of the Contours franchises, cost a fortune, they thought it would be a goldmine, haven't seen him in a while but the place is now gone, along with all the others, shit load of cash down the drain.

I am surprised at the amount of Anytime, Jetts or Snap, whatever the fuck they call themselves that have opened up in Adelaide, they are farkin everywhere, and in some shit places too. I am on the road all hours of the morning and day and most of them look empty, makes me wonder how they are making any money, I suppose as long as people keep buying memberships they might cover some costs.
Seems the Curves fad has dried up with the chicks, alot of them have disappeared, an old mate, his Mrs and their family all bought one of the Contours franchises, cost a fortune, they thought it would be a goldmine, haven't seen him in a while but the place is now gone, along with all the others, shit load of cash down the drain.

Yeah i have noticed the same thing with those ANytime and few other 24/7 "gyms opening up, most dont have free weights or they are locked up if not attended by staff, hahaha and they usually in small pokey little shops...dont think these will last too long

Yeah i have noticed the same thing with those ANytime and few other 24/7 "gyms opening up, most dont have free weights or they are locked up if not attended by staff, hahaha and they usually in small pokey little shops...dont think these will last too long

Yeah will be a flood of gear on evans & clarke or graysonline soon, woo hoo.

My anytime is alright, but all I use when I go there is the squat rack so I don't really care about much else.

I go to a snap that has power rack, glute ham raise, farmers walk handles & prowler. I guess it comes down to the individual owner deciding how its equipped. I visited a different venue with basicaly no free weights. I cant set up to train at home right now so for $10 a week its hard to beat

I go to a snap that has power rack, glute ham raise, farmers walk handles & prowler. I guess it comes down to the individual owner deciding how its equipped. I visited a different venue with basicaly no free weights. I cant set up to train at home right now so for $10 a week its hard to beat

farmer walks and prowlers in a snap fitness? prove it.

Yeah i go to an anytime and we have squat racks DBs up to 50kg benchpress pretty much everything i need is there , our mananger is a young bloke from the area and he actully trains so i think this helps , also being 24 hour you can get inthere and smash it whenever .

I'm a member of anytime fitness, they actually have a pretty good range of free weights mainly because we have an Ovens and Murray football club next door and they said if they put in the right gear then they will train there.

Main reason I joined was I work out at 5.00am and no other gyms in my area were open. Some mornings there are 25 people there at 5.00 - I had to kick some bros out the power racks the other day as they were just curling...

Still, shitty music pumped though tv's pisses me off. Fucking MTV has a lot to answer for.

Interesting about 10 bucks being unbeatable. The gym I work for just had a price rise from 39 a month to 44 on a 12 month contract and 51 on a 4 month contract. This is a Melbourne CBD based gym in RMIT and we get complaints about the price. 4 racks, up to 50kg dbs etc etc. People obviously will always be stingy.

Yeah the anytime I go to is pretty rad.. has two squat racks and a power cage. Dont care about the rest of the machines, never use them. Ipod is definitely a must tho.. the number of times Pink and One Direction shit blaring in your ears is intolerable.

Last edited:
Yeah the anytime I go to is pretty rad.. has two squat racks and a power cage. Dont care about the rest of the machines, never use them. Ipod is definitely a must tho.. the number of times Pink and One Direction shit blaring in your ears is intolerable.

Oh man, One Direction, my daughter plays that shit constantly, I storm in her room and tell her to turn that shit down, right down so no-one else can hear it or the stereo is getting booted down the street, that little bunch of fags and their poofter tunes makes me wanna kill someone, they need to be pushed into a woodchipper.

Your not allowed to grunt in gyms anymore.

Sorry, I mean health clubs.

Forced reps and Negatives and Rest Pause, might be banned soon too, I guess?

Certain health clubs in usa have banned deadlifts. But will let an 18 year old with a 3 month pt cert train clients. Whats more dangerous?