• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gone are the days of the bodybuilding gyms

Few and far between. Spartans and Dohertys/Derrimut are still around here. Bell St Fitness has some big units. Apart from that, the closest gym to me has 30kg dumbbells max. That's barely enough for me to warm up with.

I used to train at a bodybuilding gym but the hours didn't suit me so I signed up at Anytime and train at 5 am on most weekdays and saturday and sunday afternoon/evenings. 24 hour access is where its at and I love it. The one I go to has 2 squat racks and dumbells up to 55 kilos, also the guy that works there does deadlifts himself which is a rarity.

My Plus Fitness gym in Flinders St (just down from Doherty's) charges me $14 a week, has up to 50kgs dumbbells (not that I need them) and plenty of good free weight equipment, and is open 24/7.

Both guys that run it are gay, and one is an absolute UNIT (and thinks he's small).

Don't you love body dysmorphics!

My gym has 50 kg dumbells

They need 70s and 80s for my one arm rows.

How big do the dbs get in places like jets and anytime fitness and fitness first?

My gym has 50 kg dumbells

They need 70s and 80s for my one arm rows.

How big do the dbs get in places like jets and anytime fitness and fitness first?

They have 100kg DB's at my gym :)
I can't really think of anything i could possibly use them for at present...

Hi

To all those asking about I haven't been on here in a while.
But I did ask and was informed they had plans
for it all when they first acquired the gym.

The guy wouldn't tell me where it went but I found out it went to some other gym unsure where exactly be nice to know. Sorry I cannot be much more help.

Yeah my Anytime gym has a couple of power racks and dumbbells to 50 kg. Wish they had some heavier ones for dumbbell rows though. Also wish they would invest in some better quality barbells.

I think there is a great business opportunity here.

You have all these kids trying to "bulk up" and then you have ausbb's guys/gals
who are trying to do the proper old school stuff surely these 24/7 gyms
are missing out on a market here.

Sure I understand the whole legal thing these days but if a contract is written right one would assume you could work around it.

The new equipment at this gym has a little dot on the map that's the weight
room, the rest is dedicated to group exercise space, a detox room lolol and cardio machines.

Ask about a squat rack answer oh we have a smith machine.

I don't even think its the weights that are an issue, it more the old school machines you dont see like the t bar row
and free weight incline leg press just to name two

Was at a snap, you can get good workouts there, but once you have a few people in the gym it's crowded...
Changed to GO health club, it's way better, at 5am anyway!!! 60kg db, but I don't have a use for them!!

Damn... kinda feel quite fortunate being in the military and having a decent gym to train in for free... i was thinking about joining a public gym because it gets a bit old training with everyone you know and work with but by the sounds of it we got better gear than whats out there costing money.

With me working away in darwin anytime fitness works for me
They have a good selection of cable machines and also free weights
As well as a cardio area its not one or the other which is good.

Last edited: