• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

good cheap creatine and protein

F

frayli

Hi all quite new to the forums. I have just started back at the gym and am after some advice on what to buy and what not to buy. I am about 6'5" and 115kg ideally I would like to shred some weight so at the moment I am doing 90min workouts around 4-5 days a week. half cardio half weights. Am i better off doing cardio and weights on different days (cardio bores me to tears)
I have been using a slim type protein from the friend who has set up my routine. But i would like to keep under $50kg as its getting quite expensive. Ideally I am after a 3kg tub of protein and creatine. If someone can point me in the right direction of brand (if that means anything) or type.

Frayli, can you outline your program and what type of diet you are consuming?

A "slim type" protein is the least of your concerns if the above is not spot on.

sure the only reason i mentioned slim was that horleys was recommended to me.

day 1 arms/cardio
day 2 shoulders/chest - cardio
day 3 back/cardio
day 4 abs + whatever I think needed more work /cardio

as far as diet goes.

wake up - Shake + banana + peanut butter
workout around 6:30-7am with shake afterwards
11am chicken or tuna with noodles
2pm chicken or tuna with salad
4pm shake
6pm inner usually cooked by wife some type of red meat with salad veg
I havnt been having any shakes later than this let me know if its necessary

I can say I stick to this diet as much as possible sometimes I am on the road without notice and I will usually buy chicken or sushi. Alcohol is now at a minimum. weekends do vary but not anything horrific.

No legs at all? I would say your program is probably not doing much for you. Can you list out the excersizes?

Horley's is ****. If you SEARCH you will find 1000's of threads asking what you have about Protein and Creatine.

Last edited:
I have no real interest in changing my legs.

Excersizes are 3-4 sets 1 warm up and 7-9 reps

Ill be honest I am not sure what all of them are called if you can list what you think would be good I will tell you which ones they are.

I found last time I was at the gym I put on muscle quite quickly so rather than doing cardio flat out to burn the extra fat I wanted to see some results for my time. My overall aim is to drop to around 100kg I have quite a large frame and I think this would be an ideal weight/look.

Not training legs is stupid mate, you need to train them. They are the hardest thing to train and will certainly help you in your fat loss.

You need to have a good diet, watch Alcohol consumption and take into account anything that passes your lips. Take up this program, http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html and do some cardio on a weekend. If you are consistent and work hard, anything is possible.

When you say hardest to train do you mean lose weight off or build muscle on?

I have no real interest in changing my legs.
Then you are more likely to fail than succeed because your mindset is wrong.
Working legs burns calories which will help in your weight loss, also strengthens the core.
So you should be interested, very interested in training legs or is it too much hard work for you?

When you say hardest to train do you mean lose weight off or build muscle on?

To train full stop! The only times I have spewed from training is from legs. Now start training those legs! Nothing is worse than being a top heavy bloke with tooth picks for legs. Legs are the most important when it comes to strength.

If its going to be more efficient in burning calories then sure I will start on my legs. I dont think I could have toothpick legs if i tried. Thanks alot for the beginners post I will go and record my numbers.

You should be wanting to build legs for strength and also for overall proportion man!! If you are benching 100kg+ and squatting ~80kg, you are probably going to look top heavy.

A couple of things that have helped me.

Squats work the whole body as well as building legs, make squats a foundation of your routine and you will win. Muscular legs burn fat.

Real whole foods high in protein are always better than a protein supplement. Supplement is great but whole food is always better where possible. I use a protein supplement first thing in the morning to tie me over until breakfast and immediately after a weights session.

I use Cell Biology Sustained Release which I like and is priced well but have not tried many others so cant compare.

Not training legs is stupid mate, you need to train them. They are the hardest thing to train and will certainly help you in your fat loss.

You need to have a good diet, watch Alcohol consumption and take into account anything that passes your lips..

Oh I learnt that over the years, I never trained my legs, but thats where all the testosterone comes from the legs~ and alcohol I would strongly agree there.. memories of past mistakes =\

I agree, you can't fully take advantage of gym training without doing leg training if not for the sole purpose of burning extra calories to keep weight in check, but to maintain body proportion aswell.

Your keeping weight sessions under an hour is good training duration, half an hour of cardio 3 times a week minimum is optimal.

As for your diet, why the peanut butter? the rest is good.

For a good protein, optimum 100% whey is a good bet, 1 serve (30g) = ~24g of protein and 3g of carbs and cant remember the rest of the profile. You'd be hard pressed to find a 2.5kg tub over $90 so its within your budget (~$36 p/kg)