• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

good (cheap) gyms Perth - NOR

pistachio

So, I got a call from the gym today. Turns out my membership expired some time ago. And its about $17/wk if I want to keep going lol.

So I need to find a new gym and quick.

Anyone know any good, cheap places NOR? Around Dianella/Morley ideally.

It only really needs to have barbells and dumbbells and a squat rack. T-Bar row would be nice, and a good, heavy seated row machine. And a chin up bar.

lold at first line, i wish my gym did that. When im a month out from losing membership they constantly remind me.

$17 a week, what a rip off (unless its actually a good gym)

lold at first line, i wish my gym did that. When im a month out from losing membership they constantly remind me.

$17 a week, what a rip off (unless its actually a good gym)

I pretty much lold when she told me. It pretty much went like this?

Her: 'Do you know your membership is expired?'
Me: 'No?'
Her: 'Oh. Well it is. Actually, its been expired for a while now.'

Nah, its a shit gym. And $17/wk was the promotional rate lol, $20 is the standard rate.

I'm considering Jetts 24 hour. Looks like its less than $500 a year. I'll have to check it out though.

i don't believe jetts have barbells. Only dumbbells. You could still work but i would imagine no barbells, there goes half your exercises.

yeah dont go jetts,
few guys from my work go,

no barbells, no squat rack. these are replaced with a smith machine

Craggie is a bit of a drive for you, not great, but only $650i'sh a year
2 benches, 1 squat rack, 1 power rack.
ridiculously busy this time of year.

l went to craige once, never again... Granted l went on a saturday and gave up waiting for the squat rack, granted im impatient since i've now got a home gym...beauty.

Is that not an option pistachio?? Home gym i mean.

Nah home gym isn't an option.

Considering renewing my membership (if they'll give me anything half decent), or going to Morley rec maybe. Other places are Goodlife or Bayswater waves.

All pretty shit and pricey tho

Thats pretty expensive, shame you dont like south as Kwinana Requatic is $9.96 pw when a bronze membership is purchased for 12 months, this gives access to 1 area (gym, pool or group fitness) or $13.17 for silver which gives you access to 2 areas.

The gym is a little small but has everything you need

I don't understand why it's so difficult to find a gym with decent equipement in Perth. Is it really that much of a minority to want to squat / deadlift / chinup?

I wish getting a home setup was a possibility :(

If I won lotto I reckon I'd buy some block of commercial realestate, fill one part up with squat racks, bumper sets, pullup bars and rowers and lease the other parts out to whoever.

Then whoever wanted to come train with me could. Why isn't there a place like that already? Surely there's a market for people who only need the basics.

Gyms typically make their money from the uncommitted people (ie the ones that join new years and stop training by feb).

Imagine a whole gym full of people who actually train consistently. I doubt they'd make very much money.

The business model works, I've thought about it previously. Commercial gyms spend $2k a piece on 100 machines that no one should be using; minus that from the sums.

Sorry, doesn't really answer the question. I'd like somewhere better to train too but there honestly isn't much on offer in Perth.

Last edited:
typically cheap and good are hard to find. i was considering joining jetts/snap fitness but having no bench or squatting racks is a massive turn off. they should not be called gyms.

i'm paying around $12 a week at aqualife in vic park. they also have a sister gym near the park centre but ive never been there. the only problem is that its a smallish gym so it does tend to get packed out during peak hours.

i've had a trial at the belmont oasis but that is pretty basic in terms of free weights.

Did you end up finding something PST or did you just renew? Which one you at?

Anyone SOR have a home gym I can borrow or a recommendation on a gym with decent squat rack etc

I haven't technically renewed yet, but I have managed to negotiate myself a very good deal. Will probably be renewing now, but thankfully, I don't have to worry about it for another 6 weeks :)

Not sure how close it is too you, but adrenaline at warwick is good. Plenty of barbell's and dumbell's, real bodybuilder type gym and priced well i think.

Is there any other gym besides Craigie in that location thats any good?? Bloody Craigie is expensive and always too busy. Jetts and Snap fitness has no squat rack. Arena Joondalup is way more expensive and packed as hell. Running out of options here aye?

Is there any other gym besides Craigie in that location thats any good?? Bloody Craigie is expensive and always too busy. Jetts and Snap fitness has no squat rack. Arena Joondalup is way more expensive and packed as hell. Running out of options here aye?

Perth is awful for gyms full stop.

Can't wait til i get my new house, can set up some home gear. Can't where I currently live :(

Yeah Perth is terrible for good gyms. There are a couple NOR that look not too bad, One in Balcatta and another in Clarkson but us SOR are hard done by. Anytime Fitness, I must say are not too bad, the one in Beeliar which I go too, has 2 squat racks Hammer strength full cages, which are awesome. Also plenty of weight and space.

Pure Fitness in Canning Vale is the best SOR has to offer in my opinion. They have also just purchased some new equipment from Ironedge, so too add to their huge bodybuilding area, they now have kettlebells, torsonator, a prowler, and much more.

Might be the way to go SOR pplz