• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good chiro in Melbourne

Jeff

Can anyone recommend a decent chiro in the Melbourne CBD/Southbank/South Melbourne area?

I've been getting some back pain lately in a few different areas so I want to go see someone about it.

Someone who's experienced with lifters (or at least understands the mindset and what's involved) would be a bonus. Last year I found out I've got a herniated disc in my lower back and I want to know how to manage the situation and get squatting and deadlifting heavy again.

Can anyone recommend a decent chiro in the Melbourne CBD/Southbank/South Melbourne area?

I've been getting some back pain lately in a few different areas so I want to go see someone about it.

Someone who's experienced with lifters (or at least understands the mindset and what's involved) would be a bonus. Last year I found out I've got a herniated disc in my lower back and I want to know how to manage the situation and get squatting and deadlifting heavy again.

Kieser, South Melbourne

If someone ever tried to make an adjustment to my spine I would make an adjustment to their face.

If your spine needs adjusting you need to see an orthopaedic
Osteopaths are just as bad as chiropractics

Cheers guys.

Not much love for chiros huh? TTT, the Mawby chiro is ~90 km away so a bit far.

I'll have a chat to my health fund to see what I'm covered for besides physio and chiro. Not that I'm against seeing an osteopath but if I probably can't afford it if I'm paying the full fee.

Cheers guys.

I'll have a chat to my health fund to see what I'm covered for besides physio and chiro. Not that I'm against seeing an osteopath but if I probably can't afford it if I'm paying the full fee.

A osteo will work out cheaper than a chiro in the long run.. well comparing to the one curio I went to who wanted me to go three times a week for 3* months... Wtf

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Cheers guys.

Jeff

Suss out kieser, they specialize in this area.

I went to Kieser once when I had some soreness from squats. They use isolation machines for rehab/prehab, so I don't know how much they can help with regards to compound lifts.

I've found Mark Fabbi on Little Collins to be pretty good. Trains himself, and works with a lot of lifters. Is a osteo, physio and chiro all in one.

Of course I could be biased because with my health insurance, he only costs me $4 a session!

City Physio - Mark Fabbi

I went to Kieser once when I had some soreness from squats. They use isolation machines for rehab/prehab, so I don't know how much they can help with regards to compound lifts.

I've found Mark Fabbi on Little Collins to be pretty good. Trains himself, and works with a lot of lifters. Is a osteo, physio and chiro all in one.

Of course I could be biased because with my health insurance, he only costs me $4 a session!

City Physio - Mark Fabbi

Did they test your lumbar strength?

Did they test your lumbar strength?

I think so, they strapped me into a machine giving a digital read out while I had to push back into the chair as hard as I could.

OP, you may as well go there once if you think their methods are of benefit - the first session is free. They don't make that too public, so just remind them of that when it comes time to pay the bill (they'll then try and charge your health insurance instead, but remind them it was a free intro session).

I think so, they strapped me into a machine giving a digital read out while I had to push back into the chair as hard as I could.

OP, you may as well go there once if you think their methods are of benefit - the first session is free. They don't make that too public, so just remind them of that when it comes time to pay the bill (they'll then try and charge your health insurance instead, but remind them it was a free intro session).

Ok.

Do you remember the result?
Was the test done in set positions?

Do you remember how it felt?

Ok.

Do you remember the result?
Was the test done in set positions?

Do you remember how it felt?

I recall a graph comparing my back against reference data. I had a steeper graph, so it started from lower on the left side. Not sure if this related to positions or perhaps lower back on the left, upper back on the right etc.

Their machines look to be super-isolated, the back test one strapped in my legs pretty firmly.

Sweet, I may as well check out Kieser if the first session is free. From what I gather on their website it seems like it's a strength training regime in and of itself. I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about integrating it with other training methods.

I'll check out City physio as well. It's pretty close to work for me so I may as well go see what Mark has to say.

Hopefully one of the two seems good and I can continue with them.

Otherwise I might have to look at travelling a bit further or consider an osteo.

On the plus side, called the health fund and there are separate allowances for physio, osteo/chiro and massage therapy. So I've got some flexibility to try out a few different places without too much cost.