• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good food products for a weight loss

Seaturtle

Hey guys, I new here in australia and the only thing I can buy that isn't shitty in taste, unhealthy or way to expensive is sushi. lol.

I'm looking for good food products high in protein and/or with good fats.
Give me your favs and all those unseen secrets.

In sweden i used to buy Quark, a cottage cheese like thing ,500grams for 1 dollar kcal 68 p 12,2 k 3,9 f 0,2. Tastes awesome blended with fruitjuice concentrate or w/e.

Basically i want a Super foods like thread with foods that are not so super, just good for lean muscle building and weight loss.

Where do I start??

Steak,
Chicken
Fish
Nuts
Sweet Potato
Oats
Eggs
Fruit
Vegetables (I like beans, brocolli, lettuce)

The list is endless.

Where do I start??

Steak,
Chicken
Fish
Nuts
Sweet Potato
Oats
Eggs
Fruit
Vegetables (I like beans, brocolli, lettuce)

The list is endless.

I got the basics down, but you know there's a lot of those fruits, veggies, diaries and nuts that i never even heard of. I asking more specifically than general food groups >)

you know like snuffaluffagus, or mozarella, almonds, sweet potato, like you said. i'm just not familiar with australian food culture and the products.

Like.. give me your shopping list mate ;)

Snuffaluffagus might be outside your budget matey. From that list I gave before, you might be best to stick to tuna and salmon. :D

My shopping list:

Chicken,
Tuna in Olive Oil
Beans
Broccolli
Nuts (Almonds, wallnuts)
Steak,
Fish Fillets (deep sea fish usually perch or similar)
Apples, bananas
Eggs from poultry farm
Egg Whites from supermarket
Basmati Rice
Sweet Potato
White Potato
Lean Mince
Natural Peanut Butter
Lettuce,
Carrots
Capsicum
Onion
Corn Cobs
Pumpkin
Tomato
Beetroot
Mixed Frozen Berries (great for power shakes in the morning)
Oats
Honey

That's about it. I try not to purchase processed foods.

you can get just egg whites now... where the hell are they hiding? been looking for them for ages...

In the freezer section of Coles or Woolies, usually near the frozen fruit (berries etc)

Good food products for a weight loss
Increase your metabolism speed and it will be sure to take care of good food, bad food, any food you put in your body. You maybe looking at the wrong place for your answer and/or placing too much emphasis on food when the answer lies much deeper inside your cell, where energy is burnt for fuel.

Fadi.

its hard to tell you our "secrets" when we don't know what you don't know... you know?

Most "superfoods" are expensive. Ones that aren't include:

Quinoa (grind it before eating to get the most out of it)
Bananas (sometimes these are expensive due to cyclones)
Frozen berries (fressh are expensive)
Sweet potato (skin on)
Spinach/bok choy/other green leafy vegetable
Tomatoes
Eggs (don't buy caged eggs)
Kangaroo (good beef substitute and cheap, make sure to cook it rare)

also: see http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/11249-super-foods.html

p.s Shrek, where do you get your eggs from? I live in Bondi, but I would be willing to travel to pick up bulk from a poultry farm.

Last edited:
p.s Shrek, where do you get your eggs from? I live in Bondi, but I would be willing to travel to pick up bulk from a poultry farm.

There's many poultry farms out where I live (South West).
The particular one I got to is at Rossmore (near Leppington / Austral).
$6 for 24 70gm eggs.
Bloody beauty.