• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good Olympic Weightlifting Equipment

N

Nick Ielasi

Hey guys been lurking a while

I'm looking at getting a pretty decent oly lifting setup. My max budget will be around $1600 or so.

I am mainly looking at

this pendlay set
Pendlay Black Elite Bumpers / HD Bar 185kg Set

and the ironedge set
Weightlifting Premium Bumper Plate Pack - Iron Edge

I'm leaning heavily towards the pendlays at this stage.

What I am wondering is does anyone have any feedback on either. Would also be open to looking at other sets if anyone has any suggestions. Does anyone know much about the hercules stuff (DHS economy version)

Also I would defiantly be interested in getting a hold of second hand equipment around this quality if anyone is looking to sell, or knows anyone/club looking to sell some good oly gear

Nick

Last edited:
You're looking to spend some fair coin on this. May i ask what history you have with oly lifting? Were you at an oly lifting club previously?

do you have a platform?... you might want to budget for something in that area if you dont to save your bumpers from an early death.

I use the Ironedge premium plates at my gym and they get thrashed by crossfitters all the time and are still in good condition, they are pricey though, they are a lot thinner that the pendalays though, although that only matters if you want to say deadlift with then as well, as the Econo 2's will top out about 230kg on the bar i believe.

I will be building a platform, the classic 3 layers using 5 ply pieces and some horse stall matting, defiantly want to protect the investment. If anyone else has any other suggestions with regards to a platform let me know.

The widths will be similar if I get the elites, I may end up getting the econ's to save some cash, and just get some standard oly plates for deads.

BTW im in Brisbane if anyone can recommend anyone selling second hand stuff

Last edited:
We have a uesaka bar and bumpers, 20,15 & 10's. Excellent.

Also have a pair of the pendlay elite 10's and they have lasted a lot of lifting and have no damage.

i have seen the pendlay econ but would def wait and get good gear which will last (speaking from bad exper).