• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GPC Australia - Information and updates

With GPC Australia growing rapidly, I thought a thread on this forum would be handy to put updates in any answer any fed, comp and equipment questions.

I'll back date to the start of Jan incase any members missed out on the info.

** With Kelly Munro stepping down for personal reasons as our technical officer, Steve Psaltis (Knucles on this forum) has been upgraded to tech officer 1.
Steve will be flown around the country to over see each state championships to ensure the quality of the events are up held to the highest standard.

This meant that the tech 2 officer was open, and Max Markopoulos gladly accepted this role.

Both changes have been implemented, but will be official after the 2013 AGM.

** GPC Australia would like to welcome Henry Day to the team.
Henry runs a powerlifting gym called Muscle Pitt in WA, and is now the GPC state rep.
Henry has run and participated in loads of comps over the last 2 decades and he will be an asset to our team.
Henry is a member here on this forum, his username is Noble.
If you have any specific WA questions, feel free to shoot him a PM.

** Trent Nguyen and Dan Rucci have both volunteered their time as record keepers and certificate printers. Its a very big job, but the boys are working hard to ensure that the books stay up to date and certificates are sent out as soon as possible.

** Karen and Charlie Colerio have both decided to bring their years of experience over to GPC Australia.
Karen has accepted the role as secretary as Nina Markopoulos has gone back to full time study.
Charlie is an ex-lifter who totaled 707 at 67.5 in the late 80's if memory serves me correctly (apologies if out). Charlie is a WPC world record official, so his experience in refereeing will be a great thing for not only Victoria, but GPC Australia wide.

The GPC website will be updated in the coming days with more information; so keep an eye out in the news section.

Home

As the Vice President, I should be able to answer most questions, if not, at least talk directly to somebody that can.

Do I need to do well at a state games to qualify for nationals?

Every member must participate in a GPC sanctioned meet to qualify for nationals.

There are exceptions;
- If we can't offer a comp in your state, you automatically qualify.
- If you have an emergcy and can't make the comp, you can apply to your state rep for an exemption.

I'll try and get to one before nationals
If not I'll just have to turn up lol

Does everyone have to do States? Is there any automatic qualifying based off results at last years Nats?

Does everyone have to do States? Is there any automatic qualifying based off results at last years Nats?

No, everybody has to do a sanctioned meet after nationals to qualify for nats.
It ensures local participation.

If you have done the push pull, you don't NEED to do states, but its still recommended.

This was discussed and voted on by the members at the AGM.