• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GPC Nationals 2012

What a fantastic weekend of lifting.

2 teens totalling more than 700kg... and a 63yo master deadlifting 200kg after receiving open heart surgery last year.

21 women took to the platform, the largest amount of female competitors, including Katie Foster with her 400lb deadlift at a touch over 71kg. This competition had the largest amount of female competitors we could find in Australian history, all feds included.

15 lifters in the bench only, notably Zach Turner benching 240kg for the biggest single ply bench press ever put up by an aussie teen..... period.

We could go on for hours about how awesome feats of strength were at our first nationals, but you can see all the results for yourselves.

One quick point though, has anybody met a faster team of loaders/table crew than Damo, Jesse, Kris, Max, Zach, Spiros, Jackson, Martin, Sean, Loz and Graham?
These guys were so fast, the competitors had to start wrapping their knees 3 lifters before they were due on the platform or risk being timed out!
That team is the reason we got through 61 lifters in under 10 hours.

Incredible.

It was a huge weekend of lifting, and GPC would like to thank everybody that attended the event, especially Lee Marshall (GPC Technical officer) who flew out from England for this spectacular event.

Of course without sponsors like Underground Elite, Bulk Nutrients, XXXX, the PTC strength and conditioning gyms, AMFX and the Caloundra RSL, this event wouldn't have been possible. So on behalf of everybody that lifted, thank you very much.

Full result score cards can be found here: http://gpcaustralia.com/index.php/results/209-contest-results-all-states

We have received non-stop praise for the way this event was run. The times, the equipment, the organisation and professionalism.
The bar has been set very high after this one, and at GPC, we will ensure that bar keeps heading upwards.

"This meet would have to be the best, or at the very worst top 3 in the last 25 years of powerlifting in Australia" - Adam Coe

"Everything about the competition was above a world championships standard, smoothest run comp I've been to and what a start for GPC Australia..." - Gregg Gordon

"The GPC Australian nationals was without a doubt one of the best competitions I have ever been to. Great venue, all the equipment a powerlifter would want, 6 giant information screens and fantastic bunch of people, Thank you Australia" - Lee Marshall (GPC Tech. Officer)

This is probably the best comp I have been to within Australia. The only comp that may have been better, was the world champs in Finland in the 80's - Ron Birch.

"It was one of the best efforts on the platform I've seen anywhere..
.. It was world class" - Dave Park.

Vids and pics to follow.

05f4d66b.jpg

cac02632.jpg

a23ca585.jpg

fa08dbed.jpg

55366bd7.jpg

79ad10f8.jpg

ba43c27f.jpg

8ae52e68.jpg

Top 10 from gpc nationals, with age correction.

MEN

1. Ricky Goodyear - 471.17
2. Firas El Achkar - 444.59
3. Dave Parmiter - 431.75
4. Martin Nguyen - 428.43
5. John Distefano - 424.60
6. Jackson Murrie - 422.63
7. Scott Wasson - 420.97
8. Ben Bouchereau - 413.53
9. Rhys Vermish - 411.25
10. Nathan Wallace - 409.44

WOMEN

1. Coralie Weir - 419.93
2. Nina Markopoulos - 356.66
3. Katie Foster - 345.14
4. Cami Sadri - 329.92
5. Sussy Kollon - 321.78
6. Nechama Douek - 321.56
7. Annie Hewitt - 298.90
8. Heidi Stewart - 286.39
9. Vicki Jewson - 281.07
10. Karen Medcalf - 280.06

Even without age correction, coralie still won by a mile.... Not bad for 50yo and a grandmother!

Thank you scotty for running such a great show. Not many to pick on when your running something of this size

lifting wise -

men - 400 gloss just to get into the top 10.. crazy numbers!!

females - 2 stand outs were
Coralie what a bench mark for the younger girls in the sport.
Nechama - So young (16 years old) yet so strong. One to watch out for in the future.
Also the number of females at this comp were pretty solid compared to other feds.

Thats a fantastic turnout for the girls - good to see

Looked like an awesome comp well done guys

best comp ive ever been a part of, fantastic 2 days of lifting! this is the new bench mark on comps in australia!

Wow!
To think Nechama and I pulled the same with 1kg body weight difference she gets 40 extra gloss points!
I wish I was 16! Lol