• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym obsession

N-J-T

lately i am obsessed with going to the gym, i do a full body strength workout every morning. yes i know that's over working my muscles so im thinking if changing my workouts to upper body one day and lower body the next then back to upper and so on.
Do you think that is a good idea?
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks.
:)

Couple of things here.

I see people do this all the time, especially when starting weights for the first time. With most people the novelty wears off after a while and they stop going all together.

Also going to the gym every day doesn't necessarily mean you are overworking your muscles even If you are doing full body.

I once loved going to the gym everyday when i was starting out with a mate who told me he knew what he was doing

routine

monday:
DB bench
Pec Deck
Concentration curls
Preacher curls
Machine curls
Tricep pressdowns

tuesday:
DB bench
Pec Deck
Concentration curls
Preacher curls
Machine curls
Tricep pressdowns

wednesday:
DB bench
Pec Deck
Concentration curls
Preacher curls
Machine curls
Tricep pressdowns

thursday
ect

i once loved going to the gym everyday when i was starting out with a mate who told me he knew what he was doing

routine

monday:
Db bench
pec deck
concentration curls
preacher curls
machine curls
tricep pressdowns

tuesday:
Db bench
pec deck
concentration curls
preacher curls
machine curls
tricep pressdowns

wednesday:
Db bench
pec deck
concentration curls
preacher curls
machine curls
tricep pressdowns

thursday
ect

lol

If you can handle a full body program every morning you might want to consider using heavier weights.

Are you squatting and deadlifting?

i once loved going to the gym everyday when i was starting out with a mate who told me he knew what he was doing

routine

monday:
Db bench
pec deck
concentration curls
preacher curls
machine curls
tricep pressdowns

tuesday:
Db bench
pec deck
concentration curls
preacher curls
machine curls
tricep pressdowns

wednesday:
Db bench
pec deck
concentration curls
preacher curls
machine curls
tricep pressdowns

thursday
ect

lol!

I see people do this all the time, especially when starting weights for the first time. With most people the novelty wears off after a while and they stop going all together.
And here we are with the truth.

Your obsession will pass. I hope it turns into a healthy interest, rather than just oozing away into nothing like pissing in the pool.

Sweet program, I might use this!
I once loved going to the gym everyday when i was starting out with a mate who told me he knew what he was doing

routine

monday:
DB bench
Pec Deck
Concentration curls
Preacher curls
Machine curls
Tricep pressdowns

tuesday:
DB bench
Pec Deck
Concentration curls
Preacher curls
Machine curls
Tricep pressdowns

wednesday:
DB bench
Pec Deck
Concentration curls
Preacher curls
Machine curls
Tricep pressdowns

thursday
ect

There's a guy at one my gyms who does this kind of routine. Big pecs, but they're hard to see because his shoulders are hunched forward from no pulling exercises. Keeps his legs in long track pants, even on the day when it was 34C and 90% humidity. Really really keen on the tricep pressdowns.

There's a guy at one my gyms who does this kind of routine. Big pecs, but they're hard to see because his shoulders are hunched forward from no pulling exercises. Keeps his legs in long track pants, even on the day when it was 34C and 90% humidity. Really really keen on the tricep pressdowns.
There's a guy at my gym who isn't big enough to be in that position yet, but he trains for it. I was having a chat with him and asked what he does for his legs. He said he doesn't train legs, because they take too long to see results. Apparently no results > slow results.

Re your gym obsession: I thought he was doing the PTC beginners program. In which case, I would definitely only be doing it once every 2 days. What are your current stats/pbs?

If you want to hit the gym every day, then on "off" days, you could do more explosive type stuff. On my off days, I've been doing the nueral charge workouts from Christian Thib on t-nation. Only take 15mins or so and feel good after it and don't feel guilty for not doing anything (as I know some people do).

Are you trying to lose fat? Put on muscle? Gain muscular endurance? Or what?