• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gyms to train at in Brisbane?

Spewbucket

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place in Brisbane (Northside) to train. I'm up near Strathpine, and ideally I need a gym where someone can have a look at my form and help me get it correct.

Thanks.

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place in Brisbane (Northside) to train. I'm up near Strathpine, and ideally I need a gym where someone can have a look at my form and help me get it correct.

Thanks.

SB

I'm northwest Brisbane (Everton Hills) - I mostly train at home and 1 day a week at a private gym (one on one training only).

The one on one stuff is the way to go if you're not sure on form, and if you can afford it.

PM me if you want their details.

Trev

there was a few at lawnton, I used to go to when in Brisbane visiting my folks (Strathpine) heading north, as you go past the school over the creek ( on the main rd ) it is in the industrial sheds on the left, (old equiptment but it works) there is another on the right near a-mart all sports, but could never find it. failing that there are a few gyms in the westfields, jets, fitness first etc.. there is a goodlife at carsaldine, post it up if you find something decent

or there is google.

About Time Personal Training
Brendale
(07) 3889 8779

Alive Gym & Fitness Centre
Strathpine
(07) 3205 3676

Body Construction
Lawnton
(07) 3491 9431

Body Sculpt Personal Fitness / Trainers
Whiteside
0404 171 340

Go- Pulse Personal Training & Massage
Narangba
(07) 3385 6633

UXL Personal Training
Lawnton
(07) 3285 4993

Zest Personal Trainers
Strathpine
(07) 3889 9088

Last edited:
I used to train out of crossfit Brisbane when I lived up there (CrossFit Brisbane). They are not a standard gym in that they only run group sessions so you cannot just sign up and train when and as you want (that's not how crossfit rolls on the whole) and they are southside (so you'd need wheels and a bit of time to get there). despite all this Matt and Danny the two head coaches there are absolutely outstanding, if you've got the time and cash to get some one on one time with either of them I dare say you will not find better coaches of the barbell lifts in Vegas.

Check 'em out.

Well I ducked into the Albany Creek Leisure Centre today, and it has 2 power racks, at least one squat rack and pretty much everything for me to increase my lifts, going to go sign up when I get back from the coast on Monday!

Dunno what the trainers will be like, but I'll tell them what I want to do and take it from there.

Spewbucket,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread for some assistance. I'm also Brisbane Northside looking for a gym, but I'm down at Bardon. Just North of the river but really inner Brisbane. Anyone know of a good weights gym with some guys who will help me with form near here? Someone mentioned that Suncorp Stadium had a good gym, is that right?

I'm currently squeezing into Fatness First at Toowong which has a very small weights section with no power racks and only two squat racks. The free weights section is always overcrowded so you have to wait between exercises which is a drag. And the instructors there aren't into power lifting or body building at all really.

Would really like a good gym with a nice big lot of free weights.

I also heard Suncorp runs Tae Kwon Do. I'm a 2nd Dan and was thinking about getting back into this a couple times a week as my aerobic training. Trust me, nothing works so well as throwing your legs around and dodging someone else intent on taking your head off doing the same. A Google makes me think its all at Lang Park PCYC.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
I might go and have a look there if this other place turns out to be no good.

Got a workout locked in for Sunday with a spotter whos about 3 times bigger than me, so should work out well.

That's down the Goldy though :(

tried Club Coops?

Hey guys,

Just signed up at Club Coops. Paying $27/Fortnight no contracts, so cheap as! Pretty happy with the place, its very new. Its a full gym and not one of those 24hr gyms. So the dumbells go all the way to the 55's and there is a bench press :). Got so sick and tired of Jetts! No bloody weights!

Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Just signed up at Club Coops. Paying $27/Fortnight no contracts, so cheap as! Pretty happy with the place, its very new. Its a full gym and not one of those 24hr gyms. So the dumbells go all the way to the 55's and there is a bench press :). Got so sick and tired of Jetts! No bloody weights!

Hope this helps :)
You just sigen up but you have an e-mail address attached to that gym

Fuck I hate liars.

PTC Brisbane - its northside, kallangur.. No commercial gym crap.. Guys who know their stuff.. Scott (aka sticky on here) is one of the most knowledgable and friendly guys you could find.. No contracts, cheap prices, real weights, fantastic atmosphere.. Try it :)

And the thread is 18 months old lol

EDIT: tara, we posted at the same time lol.....

Do you not realise how old this thread is haha.
Anyway, GO TO SLEEP. You are training tomorrow.

Spewbucket,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread for some assistance. I'm also Brisbane Northside looking for a gym, but I'm down at Bardon. Just North of the river but really inner Brisbane. Anyone know of a good weights gym with some guys who will help me with form near here? Someone mentioned that Suncorp Stadium had a good gym, is that right?

I'm currently squeezing into Fatness First at Toowong which has a very small weights section with no power racks and only two squat racks. The free weights section is always overcrowded so you have to wait between exercises which is a drag. And the instructors there aren't into power lifting or body building at all really.

Would really like a good gym with a nice big lot of free weights.

I also heard Suncorp runs Tae Kwon Do. I'm a 2nd Dan and was thinking about getting back into this a couple times a week as my aerobic training. Trust me, nothing works so well as throwing your legs around and dodging someone else intent on taking your head off doing the same. A Google makes me think its all at Lang Park PCYC.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey Mike
I'm also in Bardon - just next to rainworth state school! I do all my training at fitness first indro as I'm a pt there. I'd be more than happy to have another guy who squats and deadlifts come in and throw some weights around. Alternatively I have a rack at home with a few weights to play - only downside is roof is too low to OHP. Definately hit me up!

Anyone go to Fitness First Toowong? It's an okay gym, the pt's are alright, i train with one every now and then but I need a good training partner.