• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hack Squat advice

kindred

Is a hack squat still a hack squat if you do it infront of your legs. Kind of like a deadlift but starting from a full squat on the ground?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

You can find here a long list of all the different muscles and the exercises that target them, along with animated gifs and written descriptions of the techniques.

What i mean is a deadlift but instead of only slightly bending the knees bending fully so your but almost touches the floor like a regular full squat.

a hack squat is a hack squat

you can target different muscles by placing your feet in various positions on the plate.

hack squat is not a substitute for BB squats

a hack squat is a hack squat

you can target different muscles by placing your feet in various positions on the plate.

hack squat is not a substitute for BB squats

I was talking about a variation of a hack squat not BB squats. Just for anyone that doesnt know I cant do regular squats. I dislocated my knee cap kicking some punk in the head. No more squats for me. I rtry and I try and every time i end up damaging my knee. I am doing it with correct form so thats not it either. If anyone else tells me the is no substitute for a regular deep squat I am going to cry, it is really off topic and is starting to piss me off.

Is a hack squat still a hack squat if you do it infront of your legs. Kind of like a deadlift but starting from a full squat on the ground?

I would say no. Mainly because of the position of the weight relative to your back. In a hack squat the weight is positioned below your lower back meaning there is reduced strain in the area. However if the weight is infront of you, your lower back is engaged to support/stabilise your upper body thus engaging the lower back muscles, the glutes etc.

It will therefore be like a deadlift that engages more legs than back. You would have to start with your back fairly upright. In the past I have experienced significant leg growth from deadlifts alone without squats.