• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Hammies

TrentZor

I got shit all hammies. I know this will be my downfall on stage. Currently do stiff legged deads and leg curls along with lunges.

They won't grow as much as my quads. Anything I've missed??

You squat? Mine have grown just from squatting. I think my legs grow just from thinking about leg exercises...

Yeah I squat 140kg ish for reps ass to ankles depth. Still the hammies just ain't growing the same rate. From the side pose the quads take more precedence

Deadlifts are the key to bulking up the posterior chain. Take a look at Krocs, his is deadly even by bodybuilding standards.

I got shit all hammies. I know this will be my downfall on stage. Currently do stiff legged deads and leg curls along with lunges.

They won't grow as much as my quads. Anything I've missed??

The stiffies and leg curls are a good combination for hamstring growth.

What order do you do them in?
How often?
Sets and rep's?
How long have you been doing the exercises?are you getting stronger ?

Squat with a wider stance toes pointing out mess around with it.

You will feel the more hammie envolvment.

I always found Hammies need alot more volume than quads - maybe try a heavy/ day lower reps and a lighter/isolation day with much high reps.

2 years of stiffs lunges
Getting stronger stiff legging 80kg x 6
30 sec rest
Lunges with 20kg for 12
30 sec Rest
Stiff legged again

Repeat rotation by 3

I squat wide but not sumo

I like the idea of pre-fatiguing the thigh with one set leg extensions to MMF then quickly following up with either leg-presses or squats then a set of leg curls to MMF.

But I think leg curls done right on a good machine is the trick and done directly after a squatty movement.

I squat , extension then leg curl..

By the time i get to leg curl im curling like 20kg its retarded.