• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

HCAM Weekly Gossip

Hey guys, it's great to see that you are all sharing your thoughts about HCAM rather than whisper about us behind the scenes, so to speak. Thankyou!

Regarding the "magazine", in short, as some have heard (and some I take haven't going by some of the replies), Hardcore Aussie Muscle is no longer a magazine as such that you can by in Newsagency's. We are strictly an "online magazine" *slash* source of bodybuilding news.

Awesome that you guys mention how you miss the news on upcoming Aussie bodybuilders. We certainly will look into this as there seems to be interest there. I will just explain briefly here with that - with the company now in the hands of new owners, alot of the staff that were associated with the old owner, good 'ol Craig Lucas, are now not so much apart of the magazine. Craig had great pull in the industry, and if only we knew where he has disappeared to since handing the company over to the new owners, we would be alot more ahead with what you guys are saying here, but we will have to do with a fresh, much smaller team for the time being, trying their best but obviously no where near the pull Mr. Lucas had in the industry.

I hope in regards to why there is now international news now being featured in the "magazine", that everyone understands this. There just wouldn't be too much content with an Aussie only news magazine, and as it was before, the only crowd subscribing would be us here on Aussie bodybuilding forums with an interest in this area.

Don't sweat though! The idea is DEFINITELY NOT to exclude Aussie local news!! It's just finding content in this area...DAILY! lol, even weekly.

Aussie contests ARE being featured though as can be seen in the contest reports section and more to come during the year with a write up never usually taking more than the next day to be up with pics!

As a bodybuilding enthusiast, i'm sure it can't be all that bad to report into one website to catch the world's happenings plus Aussie news, in a kind of "one-stop-shop" which is what we are trying to achieve rather than have you visit 5 different forums worldwide and locally to get your news.

You have given me an idea though. Seeing as we do not have the pull that the old owner did, perhaps I should take this opportunity as board sponsors of Ausbb.com and ask if any Aussie competitors would like exposure so that we can meet the "want more Aussie up and comers" suggested in this thread? Might add this in the signiture to fulfill your requests here.

Whatever you guys want.

Thankyou very much for your thoughts!

Team HCAM.

Last edited:
As a bodybuilding enthusiast, i'm sure it can't be all that bad to report into one website to catch the world's happenings plus Aussie news, in a kind of "one-stop-shop" which is what we are trying to achieve rather than have you visit 5 different forums worldwide and locally to get your news.

the point is that rxmuscle.com muscle gossip do a better job and if I want to get overseas news this is where I'll go cause it's heaps more comprehensive for that!
I still say stick to the local news and bring back Craig!!!

the point is that rxmuscle.com muscle gossip do a better job and if I want to get overseas news this is where I'll go cause it's heaps more comprehensive for that!
I still say stick to the local news and bring back Craig!!!

Figures your from RX, troll……..

Mr. Lucas is just taking a break I would assume. When you've been at it for as long as he has, sometimes you just want to forget it all for a while. Correct, Shrek, he did sell it for his own personal reasons.

But one thing's for sure, there will always be a place for him for what he started shall he be heard of and returns to the scene.

Cheers guys.

Figures your from RX, troll……..

would be a great job azza but unfortunately not mate. I think your just throwing accusations out there cause I questioned your supplement reviews and how you could rate 1,000 supps in 1,000 days giving each like one go! hahahaha

like you said pal to me in your supplement post, it's just my opinion...i ain't asking jack shit from you :D

Hey Guys,

Just to clarify - as I have a bit to do withy the magazine now, the aim is still to have plenty of local content, as much as we can possibly get.

The International content should not beseen in any way as replacing the local stuff, however in Australia we really only have two show seasons, and at times it is very difficult to get reports from ever show.

The plan for the September/October season is to have a photograhper/reporter at every major show - and many of the minor one's with reports on the website within 24 hours.
Features and profiles are set to continue also, again it is just about organising photographers and so on, as you could imagine an Aussie enterprise such as this doesn't have a major budget so getting all of this to happen takes some work.

Hang in there, there is a team of people working very hard on this, if anyone would liek to get involved at assisting with reports or anything else, best contact Nick by pm, as any contributions are very much appreciated.

Hey Guys,

Just to clarify - as I have a bit to do withy the magazine now, the aim is still to have plenty of local content, as much as we can possibly get.

The International content should not beseen in any way as replacing the local stuff, however in Australia we really only have two show seasons, and at times it is very difficult to get reports from ever show.

The plan for the September/October season is to have a photograhper/reporter at every major show - and many of the minor one's with reports on the website within 24 hours.
Features and profiles are set to continue also, again it is just about organising photographers and so on, as you could imagine an Aussie enterprise such as this doesn't have a major budget so getting all of this to happen takes some work.

Hang in there, there is a team of people working very hard on this, if anyone would liek to get involved at assisting with reports or anything else, best contact Nick by pm, as any contributions are very much appreciated.

So you want us to do your job for you??? thats pretty bloody bad...saw the latest edition too and again disappointed as there is definitely no new content that you couldn't find any where else on the net, sounds like yoiur struggling! As I said bring back Craig!!!!!!!!

So you want us to do your job for you??? thats pretty bloody bad...saw the latest edition too and again disappointed as there is definitely no new content that you couldn't find any where else on the net, sounds like yoiur struggling! As I said bring back Craig!!!!!!!!
You have a real attitude problem mate.
Chill out or GTFO.

You have a real attitude problem mate.
Chill out or GTFO.

Agree Shrek. Ironman you need to chill!

I feel so bad now I kind of started this ranting and raving but this is a bit out of line mate. This Ben bloke seems to be doing a lot, even if we think it's not the best job he's havin a go bro. Read your RX, and whatever else but I think what's needed to be said has been.

Aussie Gossip update #6 is up!

HCAM Australian Bodybuilding Gossip #6!

- the return of Logan Robson, better than ever and already a title to his name for his 2011 comeback to the scene.

- Scott Goble, Overall IFBB Nats title winner wants another! ...and possibly a Pro Card soon to come...?

- Supporting the "Hardcore" gyms. PTC Brisbane!

Aussie Gossip update #8 is up!

HCAM Australian Bodybuilding Gossip #8!

- Positive drug tests. Record number of Australians.

- R.I.P Sammy Mitchell

- Perry Venakis picks up a sponsor! If you've ever sat in the audience of a bodybuilding show, you'll KNOW! who Perry is, haha.
I'm sure he has some kind of influence on the judges decision with that mouth of his! Lightens up the room just as everyone is starting to get tired at the end of the day, boom! there's Perry to wake everyone up! lol.