• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help Wanted

yeksetm

Hey Guys

New to the whole forum thing! Started working out in my home gym about 4 months ago in order to loose weight for my impending marriage. Have gone from about 112kg to 100kg in that time. Would like someone to critique my new workout and give any tips as all I know is from reading.

Every workout I start with 20k on the stationary bike.
Mondays:
Flat Bench Flys : 2 x 12reps
Incline Flys : 2 x12
Flat Bench: 1 x 20, 1 x 10, 2 x 7 and 1 x 5
Incline Bench: 1x15, 1x10,1x8,1x6
Wednesdays
Isolation Curl: 1x15,1x10,1x10,1x8
Seated Dumbell Curl:as above
Reverse Barbell Curl:as above
Tri press downs: as above
Dips: 3 x exhausted
Shoulder DBpress: 1x12,1x10,1x8
Front Shoulder DB Raises: As above
Lateral DB Raises: As above

Fridays
Lat Pull Down: 1x15,1x12,1x10,1x8
Dumbell Row:1x15,1x10,1x8
Bent Over BB Row: 1x20,1x12,1x10,1x8,1x6
Dead Lifts:1x15,1x10,1x8
Back Extensions:3x exhausted
Sundays
Leg Extensions:1x20,1x12,1x12,1x12
Hammy Curls:1x15,1x8,1x8,1x8
Squats:1x20,1x12,1x10,1x8,1x6
Calf Raises:3xexhausted

I do my abs on Mon, Wed and Frid.

Cheers
yeksetm

Last edited:
Workout is ok.

What's your diet like?

For chest, I would do the flyes after bench press.
Same with alot of your other exercises.
Do the heavy compounds before the isolation exercises.

Diet is pretty good, tend to eat alot of meat and vegies and drink lots of water.
For my chest I like to do flyes first, so when I do bench press my pecs are that little bit tireder and have work a bit harder.
For the other body parts will def start doing the compounds first.

Cheers

Your routine needs modifying.
On Wednsesday you should train your shoulders first before arms. On Monday do you benches before your flyes and do only 1 flye exercise, no need for 2. the rest looks OK.