• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with cutting routine please !

McFLy

super m0derator
Hi guys,

Here is my story I been lifting on and off for 10 years but serious the last 3 but mostly just to add bulk I was never really into aesthetics ect just wanted that big bulky look. Now my mind and thoughts have changed I'm chasing that leaner vascular look. After 6 weeks weeks of diet I'm down 4 kgs I was running a keto diet. It worked well it stripped some fat can't see any real muscle loss either.

However I have hit a plateau and can no longer keep up the keto diet due to lack of energy. I have started adding carbs with my breakfast and morning tea in the form of brown rice (I train 5 am) so breakfast is no latter than 7 And is my first post work out. Next carb meal is work morning tea at 10.30

My current routine is Monday chest and back Tuesday legs Wednesday arms and shoulder rest Thursday chest and back Friday and light arms and shoulders Saturday rest Sunday Monday start again.

I was not doing cardio as I only get 1 hour of training aday being a father and family man so as I much as I love my gym I got to go with priorities and 5.OO or 530 sessions fits in well.

I know cardio is needed for cutting that's why I plateaued. Would this routine be better back n cardio Monday / chest shoulders cardio Tuesday / wendsday legs and light cardio /Thursday rest Friday chest and tris / Saturday bis n back / Sunday rest.

I feel like I don't growth training once a week but is once a week more optimal on cutting ?

I only use whey vitamin d supplements and zinc I haven't used steroids and don't intend too only due to high blood pressure but don't mind those who do :) I am 5'7 went from 89 to 85 I don't care if I Come up 78 kgs coz I got alot of muscle under the fat that's hiding it lol

N e advice from u mad cutters I would appreciate bros

As long as your in a calorie defecit you should be right, doesn't matter what carbs or when you eat your meals, just be in a defecit and you'll slowly lose weight

Calorie deficit is required for weight loss.
Continue training as per normal. You may have to reduce volume (sets & frequency) because recovery will be compromised due to calorie deficit.

Cardio is not required however some guys do not like dropping cals too low so some HIIT sessions are added, possibly 2-3 times per week for 20 mins. if you can go for more than 20 mins then it's not HIIT. :)

Calorie deficit is required for weight loss.
Continue training as per normal. You may have to reduce volume (sets & frequency) because recovery will be compromised due to calorie deficit.

Cardio is not required however some guys do not like dropping cals too low so some HIIT sessions are added, possibly 2-3 times per week for 20 mins. if you can go for more than 20 mins then it's not HIIT. :)

Cheers bro