• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

high bar/low bar squats?

CoMarsh

I've just noticed that i've been doing high bar squats since I started legs and I've only been doing only 80kg of 8-10 reps but when I tried low bar squats I figured I could do 110kg at 8-10 reps aswell. Should I stick to my high bar? or should I do low bar to keep pushing the heavier weights?

haha sorry for the stupid question? I feel like i've been doin shit in this forum...=S...Just trying to improve my squats

Sorry boss didn't mean to be mean and it's not a stupid question...none are. But I do remember a while ago there was a big discussion on low bar vs high bar. I believe it came down to personal preference and didn't make too much of a difference unless your doing super heavy weights or something else (not sure what).

I think at this point. Just get some time under the bar and keep cracking at the squats like I am. You'll get there. Inch by Inch.

Mate just pick one, make sure you are using your hips for the movement and stick to it. Personally I could care less how people are squatting as long as they are all squatting.

lol dave if I eat too much I'll need a food nap and it takes me ages to wake up from those...

Mmm...I tried low bar and personally liked it cause I felt less tension on my back and could squat more but i'll just see how it goes. Btw no probs...I haven't been posting much and been reading and got some great tips. Been too bz with exams.

Fucking hell. Theres not that big of a difference between the two if youre doing them properly. Do whatever is more comfortable.

^ That's what I was scared of. The wrath of Oli.

CoMarsh, don't worry about it too much. As long as your squatting as hard as you can, in whatever style no one here is gonna complain.