• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Home fitness/conditioning program?

Looking for suggestions for a home fitness/conditioning program as i've got a lot of 'toys' but not a lot of structure so far.

This will be possibly morning 3-4 days a week if i can adjust my bodyclock, or else 2 evenings a week and one day on the weekend, in addition to workouts at the gym 3 evenings a week

(consisting of squats, bench, deadlifts, rows and a few machine odds and ends)

I'm looking to spend about 45 minutes on a 'strength' focused conditioning session. (and burn some extra calories)

I have....

2" 50ft power rope (this fried me on my first try the other day)
2x 20kg "pro style" kettlebells (I can strict press these and front squat)
1 each of 8,16, 24,32,40,48 & 64 kg classic kettlebells
(I can only deadlift/UDL the 64, i can sort of swing the 40, I can strict press the 24, but not even really push press the 32)

20lb 'wall ball', 15kg & 35kg deadballs, 8kg medicine ball
body solid Dip station
20kg vest
Iron master DB's (adjustable to around 50kgs) + Fat Gripz
Flat/Incline bench
40mm Globe barbell (weighted with shot to about 30kg)
CoC grippers
Forearm blaster
2x6kg powerclubs, 1x10kg, 1x15kg
1x12kg macebell

Foam rollers, padded mat etc.
2x32cm pylo boxes (used for UDLs generally)
A range of Resistance bands and door jamb for these.
25kg small sandbag with handles (packed fairly tight)
large sandbag with handles with 4x15kg inner bags (60kg when loaded), packed reasonably tight, i can't really clean this to rack position fully loaded.
5, 8, 12 & 22kg bulgarian 'wrestlers' bags

Exercise bike

I have a smallish outdoor grass and concrete area (in full view of neighbours) and limited indoor space.

Does anyone want to recommend me a good 45 minute routine?

You could use the deck of cards.
Have 8 exercises. One for hearts, diamonds. Clubs, and spades.
Then another for the picture cards, body weight stuff like planks, skipping, burpees, static hold etc.
one minute each exercise when you pull the picture card, and for the suites, the number tells you how many reps for the corresponding exercise.
That will take about 45mins and really be a good workout.
Shuffle cards and go!!
Easy to set up, not much thinking and it's tough.
Let me know if you want me to write it out for you. Happy to.

Last edited: