• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how has lifting effected your life?

kyronE

at 15 i was 140 kg of pure fat i was at high risk of heart disease and all of those other things that come with being obese.after seeing what other guys my age or older looked like i decided to change so i joined a gym. i'm now 17 and weigh 80 kg

doctors told me i could'nt lose the weight and i was practicly a ticking time bomb.
i've now lost 60kg and im at my goal weight :)

how has lifting changed or changed your life .

becoming obessive compulsive with what i eat.
use to skip social events because it would affect my gains.
serious body image issues that i have to look like x . I still think i look like shit yet people who don't lift say ,"oh your huge" blah blah
and "bodybuilding" is really gay now after everyone wanting to become a zyzz

I could understand most people getting changing their lives positively through "bodybuilding". My negatives outweigh the postives though.

Last edited:
I am pretty happy with my (small) experience so far - but I would say my business has suffered as I am rarely willing to miss a training session, and so deadlines at work become harder...

On the time theme, similar story with family and friends.

It's all positive so far, but what do I know - I'm a noob, still. :p

Oh yeah, except for fucking up my left shoulder and arm for a while recently. But it's fine now. And apart from that, it's been issues-free, injury-less, and a lot of fun in the bargain.

serious body image issues that i have to look like x . I still think i look like shit yet people who don't lift say ,"oh your huge" blah blah

I could understand most people getting changing their lives positively through "bodybuilding". My negatives outweigh the postives though.

Sounds very standard for bodybuilding.

- you don't need to be obsessive about food.

- don't skip social events.

- Bodybuilding has always been gay.

Player that is some of the most sensible shit you have ever posted telling it how it is.

Lets not even start talking about steroids, had alot of mates fuck comfortable lives by lying about their juice abuse.

I love to lift but struggle with finding the balance between work, family, gym, to get that consistency other parts of your life have to suffer.

- you don't need to be obsessive about food.

- don't skip social events.

- Bodybuilding has always been gay.

- i think calorie counting/macro counting is obessive compulsive
- Yes i realise that now, but when i first started out i was a selfish bitch and now im paying for it.
- yes its always been gay, but now its more don't train legs, get shredded using drugs to look good for festivals.

Player that is some of the most sensible shit you have ever posted telling it how it is.

Lets not even start talking about steroids, had alot of mates fuck comfortable lives by lying about their juice abuse.

I love to lift but struggle with finding the balance between work, family, gym, to get that consistency other parts of your life have to suffer.
agreed
since i recognized the problem ive been more relaxed and enjoying it, still a bit too obsessive though.

Last edited:
I've started shitting plate steel and ejaculating lightning
images

One doesn't have to be either bodybuilding OR powerlifting to lift... personally i just do it to lose weight and make my muscles bigger, but I'm never planning to be in single digit BF or to enter a competition of any kind.

Its affected my life by improving my confidence and my luck with the ladies :)

Yes getting a lot of good comments from friends and family. Feel fitter and obviously stronger and more comfortable with my habits in general.

Also being judged a lot by lazy colleagues who always question why I'm eating what I am, why I don't drink like they do etc etc

Before lifting and reading on body building – I never had any knowledge of nutrition

So for just that alone- I can almost walk away form it now and feel like ive accomplished something

Though- there are a few bad points- Bad habit of logging my calories before I sit down and eat

Feeling guilty of what I eat sometimes and constantly thinking of how many calories something is

Body image and being a little to obsessive and hard on my self

Since losing 82 kilograms I have noticed

More energy
More confidence
More sociable
Great Liver function
Improved Cholesterol
Heart health
No kidney stones
No more urinary problems
No more going to hospital and doctors on a regular basis
Good sex life
No more kankles, I couldn't wear shoes because of my ankle size.
Fitting into my old good clothes and threw out my 6XL
Lifts in gym going up
Improved cardio (when I was 175kgs I could only manage 2 mins on the treadmill, now I walk up to 25k every day)
No more bad back
No more headaches
No more pissing blood
The list goes on

It's given me a few things.
Greater knowledge of my body, from how it works to how to fuel it.
led me to question what I was eating a bit more rather than just eating all the trash that was around. Any IT workers would probably agree that on weekend changes and any change over 10+ hours there tends to be far too many sugary foods and pizzas for your own good. And cans of energy drinks which I have not had in years now.
Also, the ability to start moving my body away from the non mobile entity that ten years sitting in a typical off cubicle, shoulders hunched, hacking away at a keyboard had produced

Since losing 82 kilograms I have noticed

More energy
More confidence
More sociable
Great Liver function
Improved Cholesterol
Heart health
No kidney stones
No more urinary problems
No more going to hospital and doctors on a regular basis
Good sex life
No more kankles, I couldn't wear shoes because of my ankle size.
Fitting into my old good clothes and threw out my 6XL
Lifts in gym going up
Improved cardio (when I was 175kgs I could only manage 2 mins on the treadmill, now I walk up to 25k every day)
No more bad back
No more headaches
No more pissing blood
The list goes on

This ^ here is a great story. Kudos to you mate! :)

One doesn't have to be either bodybuilding OR powerlifting to lift... personally i just do it to lose weight and make my muscles bigger, but I'm never planning to be in single digit BF or to enter a competition of any kind.

Its affected my life by improving my confidence and my luck with the ladies :)

X2