• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How important are your workouts?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How do you, guys, feel when something interferes with your workout(s)? For example when you have to work late or when someone is coming over to your place?

I've learned not to show it over the years.
But yes, very important, I put on a fake smile and hope to god the visitors fuck off real soon!

Very important - but you have to be able to be flexible with your sessions and make them up if they are missed....try to never skip a workout....

The real world has to come first but it's probably not my first choice. Muscles won't pay the interest bill.

It was easy when I was in town and had a normal job. I very rarely ran into something that interrupted my training for more than a day.

Anybody remember seeing the quote "I'd rather skip a workout, then a meal".
I think that about sums me up, I can always have a rest day and make up for ot on the weekends.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Very important - but you have to be able to be flexible with your sessions and make them up if they are missed....try to never skip a workout....

Joel, your posts of late have changed a great deal, showing great insight.

I am going to have to be flexible soon.
We have our first child arriving in 5 months so there will be a few changes in the household.
My family and friends come first these days. I can always revisit a workout.

I get cranky if my routine is disturbed. My programming is very flexible and takes alot to disrupt it, so when it is, I have reason to be moody.
I turned down a work function a few days ago cos I wanted to train...I get called weird and a piker, but in reality I'll have more fun in the gym, than sitting around drinking and talking shit to some work collegues I don't even like....some people just don't get it.

While I am as convinced as I ever was that exercise is important, my attitude has changed over the years.

In my earlier days I was almost fixated on exercising on particular days at particular times and became quite agitated if I couldn't stick to this self-imposed schedule.

I have a more relaxed approach to it now and have noticed in the last few years that my change in attitude doesn't seem to have had any ill effects in terms of my strength and conditioning.

Perhaps this is just symptomatic of age and maturity on my part, but it's an important thing to note.

Fixation in itself is not helpful for health.

While I am as convinced as I ever was that exercise is important, my attitude has changed over the years.

In my earlier days I was almost fixated on exercising on particular days at particular times and became quite agitated if I couldn't stick to this self-imposed schedule.

I have a more relaxed approach to it now and have noticed in the last few years that my change in attitude doesn't seem to have had any ill effects in terms of my strength and conditioning.

Perhaps this is just symptomatic of age and maturity on my part, but it's an important thing to note.

Fixation in itself is not helpful for health.

I was the same in my teenage years - training at the sametime, eating at the same time/s, weighing food, drinking X amount of water, taking supplements at X time etc etc - of course maybe this does make a difference to overall results and maybe yes I would still do this if that is all I had to do - do I think its made a difference to my results? No I wouldnt think so.

Funnily enough I had some of my best results if not best results ive ever had when I didnt even have a training plan - was training twice aday alot of the time - If I did chest on Monday I would at least wait till wed lets say to do it again - but everything was totally random and that went for training times also. I must admit at this time though diet was pretty much the same every single day.

Meal 1 - protein shake
Meal 2 - 4 - Salmon/almonds
Meal 5 - steak/salad

Running a business, often home late and working out at a crazy time of night, having 5 kids and then maintain my wonderful marriage.... workouts just have to fit in when they can. Optimal...not....understanding that life is bigger...essential. I crave to have set schedule, but it just ain't gunna happen.

Very important to me also.

Not in a fixated way. I'm relaxed and flexible about when I train.

But I find it's important for me psychologically as well as physically. I just feel better when I exercise .. more alert, more energy and happier etc.

Plus, I've found this year that when everything seemed to have gone to hell, it was the one thing that was constant and I could rely on.
I skipped training for 3 weeks while my father was in hospital and the week after he passed away.
But I went straight back to training after that. It was SO HARD but it was a part of almost every day where I had to forget about life and just focus on one thing and it helped a lot with the stress aspect.

I value it even more now and maybe a bit differently than I probably did years ago.