• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long is too long?

kaz

iLift
My husband went to his physio yesterday for his weekly session and returned an hour and a half later. I asked how it went and he said he didn't even get in and there was still 2 in front of him!! They thought he would wait another hour on top of what he had already waited!

Seriously? How can medical professionals think this is acceptable especially when people are waiting in pain!

Physio. Only ones around this way are appointment only. If you're not there an time, the time comes out of your designated slot

Going to see a GP is like that. Book @ 10am, rock up 9:55am and still wait 45 minutes, breathing in other people's aids and shit.

My GP isn't too bad and if I'm in my work uniform he gets me in quicker. He is appointment only and even though he times his consults shit happens.

My GP isn't too bad and if I'm in my work uniform he gets me in quicker.

th

If he is paying and its by appointment what a load of shit, the physio should learn to run a business. If its free under medicare or workcover not much you can do, I know alot of professionals will chose normal clients over workcover clients due to all the extra paperwork. My old doctor was like that, I made an appointment, she would get old people who walked in and they would always get pushed infront of me. Now I just pay a gap, see an appointment only doctor which doesnt allow walk ins and im always in within 10-20 mins.

I think some people like to overlap clients incase someone doesnt show up or so they dont lose any downtime, If they have constant clients queued up they wont lose any money due to having no one to work on. Im impatient, if its appointment only and I have to wait over an hour I just walk out.

He is a paying patient. They aren't even the best physios in our area, just the closest!

my local gp isn't that bad , I guess being a bulk billing joint they work on getting people in and out as fast as possible

but my dads gp, geez that is a wait and a half ,

gives me the shits when you are left sitting there for agers , what the fuck is the point of making an appointment

That's fucked, they piss me off, like I've got tonnes of time on my hands to be sitting around with a bunch of sick kunce coughing and splattering all around me for 2 hours.

It's crap, if I have a day off work I need a cert. If I'm genuinely sick the last thing I want to do is sit at a doctors for freggin half a day.
If I wasn't getting my cholesterol rechecked I'd have gone to the major medical centre. But their times are not much better and they have 6 doctors working!

My whole family, meaning mine, my parents my brother and his family and my wife's 2 sisters and their families have been loyal to this one doctor for the las quarter of the century, by now we would have paid for the kunces holiday house, yacht and wife's boob job and he still keep us waiting. Think being a doctor the kunce would be smart enough to figure out who butters his bread but I don't think he gives a fuck.

I wouldn't let a physio lay hand on me even if they paid me. I've learnt my lesson. Nothing has changed since physiotherapists began using electronic machines back in the early 80s. I respect them for knowing the body inside out and for their great intention, but I've yet to have any issue resolved through their methodology. Massage Therapist on the other hand, well now that's a different ball game altogether.

As for waiting, there's no excuse if the consultation is by appointment. Just as some would demand a no show fee, we (the patients) also deserve to be compensated for our time, as everyone's time is of importance and value just as the professionals' time is to them.

Fadi.