• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long is too long?

I wouldn't let a physio lay hand on me even if they paid me. I've learnt my lesson. Nothing has changed since physiotherapists began using electronic machines back in the early 80s. I respect them for knowing the body inside out and for their great intention, but I've yet to have any issue resolved through their methodology. Massage Therapist on the other hand, well now that's a different ball game altogether.

As for waiting, there's no excuse if the consultation is by appointment. Just as some would demand a no show fee, we (the patients) also deserve to be compensated for our time, as everyone's time is of importance and value just as the professionals' time is to them.

Fadi.

Nothing has changed since the 80s? You sure about that.

Electronic machines, What machines are you referring to?

They Don't Work For Me,..100% Sure Of That,..If They Work For You,..Great!! 1982 Machines And 2010 Machines,..Nothing Has Changed,..Writing Based On My Own Experience With This.

They Don't Work For Me,..100% Sure Of That,..If They Work For You,..Great!! 1982 Machines And 2010 Machines,..Nothing Has Changed,..Writing Based On My Own Experience With This.

You can't be 100% sure what works for you. You can't try one method. Go back in time and then try a different method.

I never mentioned if they worked for me. I was asking you a question. What machines are you referring to. X-Ray, MRI ect or others.

Things definitely have changed since the 80s there is just no question about that.

I am pretty sure he is talking about them bullshit ultrasound or whatever, the crap that pulses. I avoid any Physio like the plague if they have one of them

I am pretty sure he is talking about them bullshit ultrasound or whatever, the crap that pulses. I avoid any Physio like the plague if they have one of them

Fadi can't answer for himself?

Ultrasounds can work. They are like applying a heat pack but deeper in the tissue. The amount they work is probably minimal but they do have a physical effect.

Don't tell me you go to a Chiro.

Or massage therapist with their weeties box certificate. Lol.

He can, but I agree or am I not allowed to do that. Go argue chewing time with stevie if you want an argument.

Completely agree, chiros are full of utter shit.

The physio I go to pretty much goes the hands on and bruise you method, mixed with some of needle jabbing shit. Has fixed me over and over when needed. And it isn't the crap of come back 5 times for more ultrasound which is what I have experienced every time I go to someone that has one of them dreadful machines

The only treatment I found effective for my injuries and tightness is osteopath (back and neck injury), deep tissue massage therapy (tightness), and plenty of self massage, especially on weekends.

I have seen a big difference between physios - those who lift themselves and those who don't.

Had one female physio who looked frail lather my back in weird oils then give me a massage I couldn't feel for $80. Told me I had overdeveloped back muscles - stop doing deadlifts - waste of time. Kept deadlifting and fixed my own neck with a hockey ball.

Had another physio who squatted 500lbs in his prime and did oly lifting for qld - every time I go there with an issue it gets fixed - he's usually booked out. Always tells me 'keep lifting'.

Had another young guy who lifted himself a little who was fairly helpful for a quad tear.

That's exactly what I was referring to mate.

Massage therapy, that's the only thing that relieves and/or fixes my injuries since day one. Like I said, I have respect for physios and osteopaths (even if they come across arrogant at times the way they put down massage therapists... (Oh, we didn't go to Uni all those years to do massage). Whatever works for you is whatever works for you, period!

You can't be 100% sure what works for you.
Wow, you wanna repeat that just once more. Unbelievable! What's next, ...hey Fadi, you're not really Fadi!

Now I seriously need to know your age Bazza, I don't want to know, but I need to know, just so I don't get so damn shocked the next time you converse with me, should there be a next time...

Goodbye!

Wow, you wanna repeat that just once more. Unbelievable! What's next, ...hey Fadi, you're not really Fadi!

Now I seriously need to know your age Bazza, I don't want to know, but I need to know, just so I don't get so damn shocked the next time you converse with me, should there be a next time...

Goodbye!

Mate you can't be 100% sure what works. How do you know 100% it was what you think it was and not some other effect you haven't accounted for.

Medical practitioners are just tradesman who cant manage their time and who happen to work on bodies instead of cars/houses etc.

To be honest, ive got more respect for a veterinarian, those guys earn their money.

Last edited:
Medical practitioners are just tradesman who cant manage their time and who happen to work on bodies instead of cars/houses etc.

To be honest, ive got more respect for a veterinarian, those guys earn their money.

Not with what vets charge.