• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much can you do in a week?

unibum

Hi,

Please move this if I have in wrong area.

I have a week where I am pretty much doing nothing.

I was thinking of concentrating on eating more, training hard without
being rushed, getting lots of rest. Anything else I should do?

I know I probably wont see anything or might not make a difference
to any other week.

I also want to be careful of over training eg training every day.

Any suggestions? Can a week do anything?

you wont overtrain going hard for only one week before reverting back to your usual routine. you might be buggered at the end of the week but you wont be over trained.

If you've got nothing else on for a week, then that's the perfect time to test your workout tolerance and do a shitload of training. You probably won't get much extra out of it, but so long as you don't hurt yourself in the process, it could very well be worth it to experience a new level of pushing yourself.

You probably won't overtrain in a week's worth of workouts, but it is possible that you'll over-reach and/or over-stress your musculoskeletal system, so, as always, exercise sensibility throughout the week.

Don't worry about overtraining. Its pretty likely you would never be able to overtrain properly even if you were trying to.

Go as hard as you possibly can, try hit some new 1Rm's for a guide for some training maxes...just smash it mate, eat more than you normally do, sleep more than you normally do...a week off=win!!!

Personally, my opinion only, would be not to over do it and smash yourself.
I would rather do less, than more in a week off.
If you do train everyday when you're not used to it, it's going to put everything out of balance when you resume your normal schedule, you may be extra tired from the concentrated workload and over eating.
All in moderation.
1 week will make next to zero difference in the long term.
I'd prefer to see pretty much the same schedule/routine as any other week of the year.
Spend the extra time planning/organising things in your life, goals, tidy up any new diet ideas/variety, etc.
Sure, you can probably push a little harder in a week off, but I wouldn't go to extremes, stay balanced.
Slow and steady consistent gains are better than erratic methods in my opinion.

...yeah I'd probably look at Hulk's advice haha
Going hard, that's only would I would do :)

...yeah I'd probably look at Hulk's advice haha
Going hard, that's only would I would do :)

Everyones different, different personalities makes us all do things different to others.
Some stay safe and some like extremes.
Otherwise, the world would be a pretty boring place.

thanks everyone for the reply, I have two weeks off but the 2nd week I won't be anywhere near a gym. So my thinking was 1 week hard 1 week rest, its true as the Hulk states, one week isn't going to make a difference.