• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hugh Jackman's twitter - "If the bar ain't bendin', then you're just pretendin'

never-skip-leg-day.jpg

Anyone seen wolverine yet?
How many scenes do his legs get? Probably doesn't need to train em as wolverine is always in long pants?? :)

Anyone seen wolverine yet?
How many scenes do his legs get? Probably doesn't need to train em as wolverine is always in long pants?? :)

We have gotta bag his legs out to make ourselves feel better about a 40 something year old bloke who looks better than us.

An article about the twitter pic

The X-Men star tweeted a picture of himself dead lifting an almost humanly impossible amount of weight, leading many to lose their mind over it.

Lol. Humanly impossible amount of weight.

The only thing that caused me to loose mind mind over this pic is those legs, man, surely he can afford the gear to fix that shit. Freaks me out looking at it.

Standardised bumper colours are red=25, blue=20, and the hexagonal plates are easier to add on the end and look the same size as a gym 20kg plate... so I reckon its 200+. Also it has been reported as 210kg I believe...

But who gives a fuck, its good for the average joe but nobody even blinks at it in PL.

lol i love how you all jumped on me telling me im wrong when if you look at the picture the red plate laying on the floor clearly says 45lbs... i know what the standardised colours are, and the person who initially reported stated it was an estimated 210 so they were working from that logic too.
which would be correct if they were the standardised colours which they are clearly not.
the logic behind me thinking that the hexagonal plate was 15 was that he has a red 45lb/20kg plate on the floor why would he use the hexagonal over the bumper and why would he go 20/20/15/20/5...

Wolverine does not wear shorts :p

IDK if there is any truth to it but I heard they CGI'd vascularity in the movie. There was talk about some serious water loading and depletion also though. Got to do what you got to do for the big bucks though.

lol i love how you all jumped on me telling me im wrong when if you look at the picture the red plate laying on the floor clearly says 45lbs... i know what the standardised colours are, and the person who initially reported stated it was an estimated 210 so they were working from that logic too.
which would be correct if they were the standardised colours which they are clearly not.
the logic behind me thinking that the hexagonal plate was 15 was that he has a red 45lb/20kg plate on the floor why would he use the hexagonal over the bumper and why would he go 20/20/15/20/5...

I have to admit that it does look that way.....

so 4 x 20kg (red plates) is 80kg
plus... 2 x 15kg (blue plates) is 110kg
I am gonna call the hex plates 20kg a side total...so 150kg
plus a 20kg bar...

I reckon about 170kg...

They look to be Rogue VPX plates which are non-standard weight:
red = 45lbs
blue = 35lbs
yellow = 25lbs
green = 10lbs

See here: VTX Color Bumper Plates

I reckon there's 160-170 including the bar, assuming the hexagonal plates are 15s and the small ones are 2.5s.