• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

i cant believe people

zayd687

I really can't believe how new guys starting out in the gym focus on one or 2 parts of their body to change!?

I just want bigger abs
I just want bigger legs
I just want bigger arms

????
have people encountered this? is it annoying cause it is for me.

Dont really care about what other people do - if they are even slightly serious they will work out fairly fast this isnt the way to go.

I can see how or why beginners think like that but as rugby said, if they're half serious they'll quickly see that you need the whole package... Well except for those guys with lucky legs.

I guess it's kind of like people thinking they can spot reduce fat

I really can't believe how new guys starting out in the gym focus on one or 2 parts of their body to change!?

I just want bigger abs
I just want bigger legs
I just want bigger arms

????
have people encountered this? is it annoying cause it is for me.

You seriously care what other people want to achieve when they are in the gym??

Who cares what they want to achieve, its their life, it's neither wrong or right what they want to do.

Had a mate who went to the gym just to get bigger biceps, i said to him to do an all-body routine.

My case was my fore arms were way bigger than his upper arms :p

He did a full body workout after that.

We all started in a similar way, nothing wrong with it.

pretty much this , no one rocks up to the gym knowing it all , everyone has to start somewhere

You seriously care what other people want to achieve when they are in the gym??

Who cares what they want to achieve, its their life, it's neither wrong or right what they want to do.

yep stop worry what others are doing and concentrate more on you

or if you don't like what they are doing perhaps inform them that there is a better way of going about things

Most say the opposite. I don't want big legs or I play soccer and legs get enough work. Lol

Last edited:
I saw somebody at gym do 3 sets of curls then 3 sets of tricep pushdowns, then they went home.

He must of been about 50kgs @6 foot tall.

Read what I said FFS. DIDN'T SAY THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG. I SAID ITS USUALLY THE OPPOSITE. THEY SAY WHAT THEY DON'T WANT INSTEAD OF WHAT THEY DO WANT.

Now stop arguing for the sake of it. You do it in virtually every post.

I have always had smaller legs than upper body.

At moment, situation even worse as right thigh 62cm and left 57cm.

Today I did 25 reps (leg press) to failure on left leg, and then 47 on right leg, just to see difference.

Embarrassing!!!

Last edited:
For most it is the innitial motivator, eg: fuck I hate my skinny arms or sick of my chicken legs, I going to start gym to build them up.
Once there, they start looking, talking to people and connect the dots.