• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I would like some general food advice please

Riddles

So apologies for what may be a bit of a vague post because I am new to most of this.

I'm looking at competing more in strength events next year and I've started eyeing off what my weight division should really be and it's less than what I am now (I'm carrying too much fat). However I've only been training for a few months and so still building up strength.

Now of course I know that eating to build strength and lose weight are very different things. But I'm having trouble finding what might suit me and my goals.

Now I can get professional advice but if I can do it myself (and avoid paying someone) then that's preferable.

After having a quick google a lot of information there is a) focused on body building (where I'm concerned with strength/performance and b) focused on men (I'm not one) so I don't know how much over the calorie target will be for me.

So any help and advice is welcome. If you happen to know of any good guides that are applicable and I can read through that would be great - also because even if I do end up paying someone to give me a plan I'd rather educate myself on what's going on at the same time.

Goals are what a lot of people want. Lose fat while continuing to gain strength as a result of training hard.

By cycles I mean the gain/cut (sometimes glut/starve) cycles that some do.

Things I have learnt while powerlifting and being a chick.
- you don't need to eat excessive calories to lift successfully.
- you don't need to think too far into what you are eating as long as you are replenishing carbs and eating enough protein. Essential fats are essential but cheeseburgers are not.
- wholemeal pasta, sweet potato and brown rice are good carbs to Boof up your Carb intake.
- IF fasting is not for everyone
- Carb cycling is an option for dieting when trying to lose weight but gain/maintain muscle mass
- A small hand full of Lollies or cookies are good to have 30mins or so before lifting.
- Meat and Vege or meat and salad, Burgen toast and olive oil spread for breakfast , protein shakes in between. A big bowl of brown pasta on lifting days makes for an awesome session. (125g dry then boil it)
- 100g meat is roughly 20g protein

A month of Carb cycling saw me drop half a size and maintain the same weight = fat loss.

Blah. That is all.
(Note. This was not Googled. I actually lift)